Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Scion FR-S just hit 15,000 miles. Our affordable red sports car is aging well and enjoyable drive even on a daily commute.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Huh. I thought I had read here that forced induction was planned for this car - ? Faced with the choice of more "personality" (VTEC kicked in, yo) or a turbocharger, I'd go with the turbocharger.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    I'd prefer personality and character in the engine. I like that this car has usable torque at low revs, but I'm hoping for more sporting flavor from the engine based on what I'm reading.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I'm in agreement with fordson1 on the turbocharger. I am constantly amazed at how much low end torque these small motors can put out nowadays while still developing high power, decent response, and a linear power delivery. An engine that revs high to make power may have more personality, but let's face it, for driveability a DI turbo motor just makes more sense.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    It would definitely help if they did something to help the engine along. It's not like it's really lacking power, but it sounds (and feels) pretty lame from the driver's seat. There's no drama that you'd find in a VTEC-Yo'd or turbocharged engine either. Otherwise, this kind of sports car would be a perfect daily drive weapon on a Michigan commute to exploit free lanes.