Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Our 2013 Scion FR-S has a great stance with its forged wheels and Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 tires. But I'd keep the stock set around for commuting to work.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    That sounds like the way to do it. And, I just like the simpler look of these 6-spoke wheels over the stock.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    thank god one negative thing about these tires finally i was starting to believe that evryone drank the kool aid at IL
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Are you guys done fooling around with this car? If you really want to give it a great stance, throw some Coilovers on it. The huge gap between tire and fender is killin me.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i think some higher performance summer tires would be a pretty goo compromise. especially if you planned no engine mods i think the newer/wider tires you bought are overkill.

the car is over-tired right now if you ask me and if i recall correctly jkav said as much when he choose that wheel/tire combo... but as i recall he said there is some more hp coming.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    i think some higher performance summer tires would be a pretty good compromise. (on the OEM wheels.)
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I have kind of an issue with the idea that track days are "what you're supposed to do with this car after all" considering that stock, even with careful shopping, you are still about $1800 worth of better tires and better brake pads from actually taking it to the track. It's like those "internet-ready" TVs you see advertised for unbelievably low prices. Yeah, they're cheap, but... As for power, I would wait for the one with the turbo from the factory. There is nothing about this engine that would make me comfortable adding a turbo kit to it.
  • elgacelgac Member Posts: 17
    Weren't you guys going to modify the FR-S and compare it with the stock BRZ?
    Whatever happened with that? Did you spend your FR-S and Wrangler budget on the Porsche?
  • lucien4lucien4 Member Posts: 68
    Just did a test drive last weekend with FR-S with low profile tires. Ride was pretty brutal and suspension lets you feel everything on the road. There's a lot of shaking and road noise with the FR-S (even stationary I felt the shifter vibrate).

On the track (or in Europe with much better roads) I can see this would be a delight.

Also noticed the manual shifter is quite notchy and didn't expect that from Toyota. On the plus side the steering was absolutely great and very direct.

Overall little bit disappointed but I can see it's a true sports car instead of a sporty car. Not sure how it compares to 370Z.