Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Patience and packing tape: what it takes to remove dog hair from our 2013 Scion FR-S's seats.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• alex4515alex4515 Member Posts: 29
    Lint roller!
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Agree with Alex4515.... we've had very good luck using a cheap lint roller.
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Shop Vac works best for me.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I agree, that's BS. Any upholstery shampoo directions tell you to vacuum off any loose dirt (like dog hair) before using the shampoo.

Tip: take a plant mister or any spray bottle that will atomize and give it a couple of shots before using the shop vac on it, doing a couple square feet at a time. The water mist won't get it wet, but it will kill the static charge that holds the hair onto the material.
  • noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    I smell laziness. Plus a little bit of dog funk
  • edbradleyedbradley Member Posts: 15
    A hand-held lint removal brush is sometimes faster than tape.
  • yetiwagon_yetiwagon_ Member Posts: 4
    I pay a flat monthly fee to wash my car as often as I like (usually about once a week). They actually do a good job vacuuming but they want an extra $10 a month to do the doors. Screw that. Instead, I have a packing tape gun for waxing dog hair (very effective for removing evidence of dog occupancy from rental cars!), a bottle of Meguiar's interior detailer and some shop towels.

I have a machine washable dog hammock for the back seat, bolster-covering covers for the front seats and a seatbelt harness/zipline for the furry passenger. Together, they do a pretty respectable job of keeping the car presentable.