Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Scion FR-S and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The tire on the car (Advan Neova AD08) is not noted as being a great wet tire - Tire Rack called it "a little nervous and edgy in the wet requiring smooth inputs." Also, this is the downside of going to a 245-section tire from a 215 on a car with this little loading on the contact patches - it just hydroplanes. Incidentally, I note that you had arrived at 38.5 psi as the best pressure for this setup in the dry. Now, no doubt 40 psi was a little too high for conditions, but...26 psi? Would love to have seen how the Focus ST did on this track, this day.
  • Options
    jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    I'm also surprised by the 26 psi. What's the theory explaining how that works?
  • Options
    subytrojan_2subytrojan_2 Member Posts: 79
    Great update, Jay! Looking forward to part 4 (and anything after that)!
  • Options
    yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    Want to read InsideLine in chronological blog format? Here you go!

http://insidelineviewer.com
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    First off, it's kind of sad that the insidelineviewer.com feed reader is a much more preferable format to read these blog updates on. Edmunds, you need to get on this... it's February now!

Second, maybe a dedicated set of rain tires for those rare moments you actually get any? Continental Extremecontact DWs are probably one of the better sets for rain use only (they'll overheat and become useless on a track in the dry though).
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    You lost the tail on turn 6? I peed a little just reading that. Would need a change of pants for sure if I had done that. Fast turn.