Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Tesla Model S has accumulated 15,000 miles in 10 months, and our annual goal of 20,000 miles is in sight.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Have you heard of the fellow in Seattle who just crossed 100k on his 2011 Leaf?
  • Options
    jolinarjolinar Member Posts: 4
    Have you heard of the fellow who just crossed 50k on his Model S?
  • Options
    majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    The Supercharger network is a very impressive aid put in place by Tesla to address its main and unavoidable flaw. If these things were as wide spread as gas stations you could legitimately argue that EV's could be viable daily transport. The charging times are still simply too long for practical purposes but the trade off is that they are free so you could theoretically drive from San Diego to Seattle for free (at the cost of time that is). I still hate EV's though and see absolutely no NEED for this hysterical flight from the internal combustion engine; especially considering that the newest engine technologies make the ICE extraordinarily clean and efficient today compared even to just ten years ago.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @majin_ssj_eric: Where do you see a hysterical flight from the internal combustion engine? This past year, over 15 million light passenger vehicles were sold in the United States. Go ahead and look up the number of vehicles that were electric.... Yup, pre
  • Options
    kardaxkardax Member Posts: 8
    The Model S has passed the long-term Chevy Volt.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    What I'm VERY interested in, is how the Tesla will do after 100k and into 200k miles. Battery replacements? Repairs and Maintenance? What's the car going to be like for the second owner that buys it at 100k and drives it for 5-10 years? That'll be the real question in my mind.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I had predicted between 14k and 15k miles, but the expansion of the SC network has enhanced the long-trip picture. I do agree with kirkhilles, though, and note that this 15k miles through 10 months would have been more impressive to me if it had been on the vehicle's original tires and drivetrain. Judging from Edmunds' LT experience thus far, this is not a vehicle I would care to own beyond the B-to-B warranty period. I do expect that will improve, though.
  • Options
    mayhemmmayhemm Member Posts: 6
    A word of caution about your Oregon trip, Dan. Many welders use a NEMA 6-50 plug, which requires a different adapter than the NEMA 14-50 that comes with the Model S. Tesla does sell NEMA 6-50 adapters for like $50 though. Wouldn't want you to turn up at your folks' place and be unable to charge.