Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Subaru

image2013 Subaru BRZ Long-Term Road Test

During our Utah road trip, the 2013 Subaru BRZ averaged 31.9 mpg, which is almost 2 mpg ahead of its EPA highway fuel economy rating.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    Fuel economy is quite good, considering the motor gets spun-up near the top of the tach on a few occasions. I like many things about the BRZ, but the one issue that kills any thought of buying one is that dead spot in the middle of the power band. I don't think I would enjoy having the motor lay down between 3 & 4 grand.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    re torque hole between 3 & 4k - I wonder, is this even noticed anywhere but on a dynamometer? With partial throttle during normal driving, it's probably not apparent. With full throttle and redline shifts, gear changes should drop the rpm to *above* 4k. (This isn't a 4-spd after all.) Just wondering.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    You bought gas in Baker?? I thought everybody who uses I-15 knew not to do that. If there is any doubt about getting to at least Victorville you fill up in Las Vegas. The good gas mileage in Utah does not surprise me. I have seen the same with a naturally aspirated vehicle when touring around at altitude. Oxygen is short so less fuel goes in for a given throttle opening. As a result you are running with the throttle at wider opening which reduces pumping losses and improves gas mileage.