Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

The High Power Wall Connector (HPWC) we bought for our 2013 Tesla Model S is still sitting in a box on my desk. Here's why.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Really enjoyed reading the squeaky-wheel article, thanks Dan =D
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I wonder what the fewest number of word response would have made him go away? I'm kind of surprised that there would be so many problems with a part that isn't even in the car.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I'm surprised this did not come up earlier. What do the dealerships use to charge the cars?
  • 4runnerfun4runnerfun Member Posts: 0
    This is definitely a long one, but very warranted. Since the blog's format shift, it seems like most of the posts are little 2-paragraph notes that don't provide much detail. While this is on the other end of the spectrum, it definitely makes the blog much more valuable. (Plus, do the Monthly Fuel Economy Updates really need to have an individual post for each car? Some of us still read the blog as a whole!)
  • empowahempowah Member Posts: 70
    If I were a Model S owner and had a garage, I'd skip the optional High Power Wall Connector altogether and use the standard Mobile Connector to charge directly from a dryer outlet.

At 31 mph, the Mobile Connector is slower than the 62 mph charge of the HPWC, but still faster than the ~20 mph of the Coulomb public charger. That's 9 hours for a full charge from empty, as opposed to 13 hours with the Coulomb. Best of all, you don't need anything but the right outlet and breaker.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    @4runnerfan - I think Mr Jordan's departure had the biggest impact on average post word count.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    I'm a Tesla fan, but they need to be more forthcoming on issues like this, and the ongoing screen bugaboo.
  • hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    Even in death, Edison still finds a way to stick it to Tesla.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    I sure hope that a lot of people get the irony in hooninaround's post!!! maybe AC/DC songs should be on the hard drive at delivery!!!