Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

There are more than a few things about the Tesla Model S that make it unique, here's another.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• g_tg_t Member Posts: 1
    Well, as much as I love the Tesla S, this really seems a security flaw. I bet fire extinguishers are red also in buildings on Infinite Loop - and not white or black (unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure to see it myself).
    Think about the unlikely-but-not-impossible situation where a Tesla S is sinking fast in water and someone won't be able to free the unconscious driver because the beautifully - dark - colored button doesn't really stand out in the dark...
  • outtatimeouttatime Member Posts: 1
    Wow, relax there bud. No reason to go name calling. However, it is a safety issue and I wonder if now that there is attention called to this that Tesla will have to make changes. I certainly wouldn't want an EMS to have to go groping for the release when the car is engulfed in flames and smoke in order to figure out how to get my unconscious body out of a flaming car.
  • prndlolprndlol Member Posts: 140
    I'm focusing less on the colour of the release button and more on the ill-fitting trim in the background.
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    If it is dark and the car is sinking in water I'm thinking even a red button isn't going to 'stand out' or even be seen. Maybe they should make them glow. Or maybe after 55 years people actually realize that the seat belt release is going to be at the end of the seat belt itself. That is what I would guess any EMS person is going to do rather than pause and try to shove you out of the way so they can see the belt release, they know where they are and how they work. And anyone that didn't consume too many lead paint chips as a child would know the same thing.
  • zhangrenhouzhangrenhou Member Posts: 79
    It does look great! Maybe it does something unique in an emergency situation. Who knows?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I'm thinking that this is zero reason for creating a post.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    There is no security issue. As was said, follow the seat belt and find the latch. The belt can also be easily cut. I'm not sure this can be classified as going the extra mile either, since its just a piece of plastic in a different color. Anyway, not something I would notice, or probably have any preference over.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I have never once in my life looked at a red seatbelt button and thought "wow, that would look so much better if it was black." And after reading this, I still haven't.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    EMT's carry knives to cut seat belts in emergency situations.
  • markwjmarkwj Member Posts: 2
    Someone at Tesla, reading this, is shouting 'Yes! See! I told you it would matter. I told you they would notice.". It is the little things that sometimes make a big difference.