Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

It seems entirely possible that parking your Tesla Model S at a shiny new Tesla supercharger station could be a great way to meet people you'd like to date.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    Dude, you married with kid right? Look down at phone and ignore all women please.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    ooo caption contest how we miss you

You can almost feel the electricity between yourselves.

You got a charge out of her, but she finds you revolting....
  • arcticbluetsxarcticbluetsx Member Posts: 79
    If you do it wrong (or right!!) sparks are sure to fly!
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    cute story but only guys buy these cars lol
  • donszr1_donszr1_ Member Posts: 7
    You are incorrect, there are at least as many women driving these. The ones I've spoken with just love them because they are quiet and there are no trips to those yucky gas stations.
  • dunning15dunning15 Member Posts: 0
    I have never seen more wasted articles than some of these Tesla ones. This is completely worthless. Tells us nothing about the car. Then again, this is Internet writing, not Journalism. I probably have too high of expectations.
  • kyolmlkyolml Member Posts: 37
    every time i see tesla is driving by someone with their family or some middle-age man/woman (not sure if they are married or not). Unless someone working at IT and young or famous, the chance of someone buying this and want to date someone at the supercharging station is pretty slim...
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    As a 20 something single guy if I had enough money to buy and support a Tesla I think I would have enough to find other venues for picking up a date like fancy dinner parties for the rich and famous.
  • deanoflasdeanoflas Member Posts: 6
    everyone who owns one is married w/ kids
  • deanoflasdeanoflas Member Posts: 6
    think I'd be slightly intimidated by a single woman my age who drives one of these...that brings up a deeper issue with the male pysche.
  • kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    I love the Tesla, but lets face it - if I were 20-something and single with some moola, I'd likely have something like a corvette or Porsche. Why drive around with the ability to seat 7 if you're the only one? If they still made the roadster then that might be different.
  • eclogiteeclogite Member Posts: 48
    For free? Uh...no. You've dropped $100k on a CAR and now you're going to buy coffee. Admittedly, the coffee is a very minor expense, but you paid enough on your car to get you a decent house in many, many cities throughout the U.S. Not for free.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    All very funny, but dunning15 is right. I want to hear more about why the stone-axe-simple powertrain only lasted 10k miles.
  • wheelieonewheelieone Member Posts: 3
    For free? Uh…YES.
    eclogite misses the point that the Tesla S is competitively priced among other $100,000 cars from Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Audi, Lexus, and Porsche. The difference is that none of these other brands offer a way to "Gas up" your car for free. Only Tesla offers that. That indeed makes it the only $100,000 premium sedan that can drink" free" fuel whenever the owner wishes to make use of that pump.
  • tigerxmltigerxml Member Posts: 4
    It will be more often with Model E
  • jvonbokeljvonbokel Member Posts: 14
    I'm a single guy and I own a Model S. However, it's more of a "dude magnet" than anything else. And thinking of the 30 or so owners I've met in my area, I'd say most are married, but at least 5 are single guys, and a couple are single women. Women love the car as much as men, but the first wave of buyers seem to be primarily in the IT industry, which unfortunately leans pretty heavily male.