Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,121
edited September 2014 in Tesla

image2013 Tesla Model S Long-Term Road Test

We just received our updated High Powered Wall Connector (HPWC) for our 2013 Tesla Model S and can now proceed with the installation.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• gslippygslippy Posts: 514
    Tesla should communicate this sort of thing better, but at least they're on it. Better they get the fix right than to blame the customer or bungle a hasty patch.

Once you get this unit installed, I think it will be a nice complement to the car's range.
  • Why do I have deja vu reading this post?
  • opfreakopfreak Posts: 106
    really thats the fix? A bigger fuse?
    Why even bother with one at that point, just hard wire it direct.
    LOL
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    You guys can install it yourselves its only a few wires and 480+ volts.

/sarcasm
  • To be fair, the original version did not limit charging to 60-amps, but only displayed a warning message about the HPWC issue before lowering the default charge current to 60-amps. You could, however, clear the message and crank the current back up to 80 without further hindrance. However, I DO think Tesla needs to communicate problems like this in an official capacity that ANY customer can find, not just those that peruse internet forums.