Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Recently, the touchscreen display in our long-term 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI froze and was nonfunctional for 10 minutes until it rebooted itself.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "However, I've found that sometimes it's hard to press the correct spot on the band "buttons"...." There in a nutshell you have described the fundamental flaw with using touch screens in a moving vehicle, no feedback. When you hit a piece of trim instead of a button with tactile feedback, you know immediately. "Recently, I became impatient...." Recently, lol? Not to be unkind, but from a few of your posts and nearly all by certain of your coworkers, I am beginning to think that terminal impatience is a requirement for employment at Edmunds. Consider the infamous Jetta start button debate.
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    Terminal impatience? I believe that was in the original job description.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Whether it was the Dodgers or the Angels, the only thing you missed while it was frozen was the other team scoring.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Oh another post about touchscreen feedback and reliability, we can have a "discussion" on how solid buttons are better again. Meanwhile, ninety percent of the population and every auto manufacturer will continue to ignore us...
  • ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ stovt001: Too true