Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How has COVID-19 impacted your car shopping? Click here to help us help drivers like you with a 5-min questionnaire.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,112
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

I made countless laps up the freeway in our long-term 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI in July 2013. This car is ridiculously comfortable.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• After doing extensive researches and reading long-term reviews from Edmunds and About.com, I also became an owner of a 2013 Passat TDI SEL. Thank you for providing these great long term reviews.

Coming from an E46 sedan, there are things to get used to - steering and braking.

I'm not too crazy with this electro-mechanical steering system. I feel completely disconnected from the road. However, it is one smooth steering wheel to turn, I have to say.

As for brake, it is not too bad, just that the pedal travel isn't linear with braking force, similar with what the author describes. Perhaps I need more time to get used to this brake.
  • What's so bad about the paint on your house. Not seeing an issue in the top picture, but then I have been described as "decoratively blind".
  • karbuffkarbuff Posts: 34
    First thing that came to mind when I saw the house was Michael J Fox opening the garage and seeing a brand new 1985 toyota pick up just waxed by Biff. Congrats though.
  • noburgersnoburgers Posts: 500
    good descriptions, thanks Erin, and good luck with the new house. I bet you will be making good use of the new Silverado and Santa Fe during the next year