Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI came to the aid of a plug-in hybrid with a dead battery.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    We wound up buying a C-Max (non-plug-in) instead of the CX-5 we were looking at. We wanted it in that blue but got a nice dark grey instead. We're really liking it so far. I think it is a seriously underrated and under-appreciated car.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Neither of you has front license plates.
  • Options
    I've owned a Miata with no front plates in Southern California for 3 years with no problems. My dad, who was a Sheriff's sergeant, said he would never pull someone over just because of a missing front plate, but would only use that as an add-on to an already-earned ticket if he felt like the person deserved even more wrath delivered upon them. Of course it comes down to the individual police officers as well as the local jurisdiction and their policies and priorities, but in my experience around here you should be OK if you're otherwise not asking for a ticket.
  • Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    @stovt: I saw you commented a lot on the CX-5 previously. What made you change your mind in favor of the C-Max?
  • Options
    @7driver: We were looking for something in the wagon-to-small crossover category, and narrowed our selection based on reviews and specs down to the C-Max, CX-5, and Jetta Sportwagen. We then test drove those three. My preferences after the test drive were