Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI is an easy pick for road trips. It's quiet and comfortable, and you'll rarely have to stop for fuel.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    135 seems a bit steep...

Locally in Toronto at a dealership no less I can get an alignment with printout of before and after for 90 dollars, rotation's free with car service.
  • Options
    reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    A bit early to have to align the wheels.
    Somebody must've banged it off a curb or pothole somewhere along the way.
    I'd like to think it was put together well @ the factory. Maybe.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    Maybe VW's like to do the cha cha slide......
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "The only thing I noticed that we really need to get taken care of soon (given how much I think this car will be used for long trips) is a wheel alignment. The Passat has a noticeable pull to the right, and doing three hours of minor counter-steering got pretty old.

Brent Romans, Senior Automotive Editor @ 2,813 miles" So two-and-a-half months and 4500 miles later, you get it taken care of. I rather chop a finger off than drive around for 4500 miles with a car that pulls to one side. This is what passes for maintenance at Edmunds.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Don't these places typically provide alignment specs for you anyways? I always get a printout sheet
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Couldn't this have taken care of for free at the VW dealer?
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I reckon it is at least an even bet it arrived like that. I had a truck that never seemed as stable in a straight line as I would have liked. Took it in after some offroading and the shop said there was no way it was right from the factory. Things were off that cannot be dislodged by the odd pothole. The thing was transformed on the highway.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    $135 actually isn't bad by Southern California standards, especially West LA. I think the last time we got our car aligned it was in the $160 range.