Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

image2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI Long-Term Road Test

As much as I appreciate the keyless entry feature on our 2014 Volkswagen Passat TSI, there is one aspect of it that I really dislike.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I did this on my GTI, and it's the same system on the Passat. I found it in around 45 seconds on Google, and that's because I am not that fast a typist.
  • noautomaticsnoautomatics Member Posts: 14
    Unlocking all doors at once is a user setting on the Passat. I have a 2013 TDI SEL and that's how I have it set. Very handy!
  • besmithbesmith Member Posts: 13
    My 2012 Golf TDI has Kessy. You can go into the MFD and change the setting so it will unlock all doors. You still have to touch one of the front door handles though since the rears do not have sensors.
  • veedubber86_veedubber86_ Member Posts: 8
    Yep, all VWs have this setting. Just go into the MFI settings menu under convenience and you should find it.
  • gbriankgbriank Member Posts: 220
    Mike:

You can take it to the dealer to change this setting or attach a laptop with VAG COM and change the setting within the LOCKS category.

Glenn
  • cotakcotak Member Posts: 89
    Seems a bit annoying that it's either set to unlock all doors or just the front. I mean from the "fear and security" point of view wouldn't it be a good thing if you can choose when you walk up to the car?

That's while while it means I have to hit a button on my door handle, once for just my door and twice for all doors, it's actually quite good that way.
  • xpertjoeyxpertjoey Member Posts: 46
    I have a 2014 Passat SE With Sun & Nav & I found this feature the first day. Go to settings, convenience, central locking, unlock doors, and then the screen says all doors, single door, or vehicle side. I set it to all doors, makes things much easier.
  • g35bufg35buf Member Posts: 89
    Able to be done on all VWs with KESSY. My wife sets her fob to just open the FRONT, I open EVERY door on my fob. In the MDI menu...ALL DOORS, Single Door, Vehicle Side...What I love on VWs...Highly customizable...even more so when I break out the VAG-COM cable!
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    It will do it. Unfortunately, its not something you can change yourself without having VagCom (Vw software that costs about $300 from RossTech). You could probably ask your dealer to change that feature at your next oil change to open all doors at one time.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    There you go, Mike. Looks like all you need to do to solve your automotive problems is post to Edmunds.com.