Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Volkswagen Passat TDI Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Volkswagen

Comments

• sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Travis, keep an eye on Craigslist (use Search Tempest for a bigger CL search) to see if your stolen bike shows up for sale and then set-up a sting with the police. That will make a nice update!
  • zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    get one of those new tracking tile thingies when they start shipping and put it on the new bike. http://www.thetileapp.com/
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I bought a very similar bike specifically because it seemed less likely to be stolen. The rim brakes, straight handles, etc all added up to something totally suitable for the daily commute, but also completely under-the-radar. And chained up to the bike rack at the office, it is practically invisible next to my coworkers' flashier bikes.
  • christoplechristople Member Posts: 27
    HOLY CRAP! I have the exact same bike and IT WAS STOLEN from me on July 4th. I found the bike being sold on Craigslist 3 weeks later. Got the cops involved and I got my bicycle back when I met the seller! Justice!

2010 Giant Escape 0 right? Great bike, I wish the fork was aluminum as mine is starting to rust. I'll get another Giant bike as it would save me a few hundred from a Trek FX or Specialized Sirrus.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that"