Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Hauling a Dorm Room to College - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Acura
imageHauling a Dorm Room to College - 2014 Acura MDX AWD Long-Term Road Test

My daughter is off to college, so we loaded all of the things she wants to have in her dorm room into our 2014 Acura MDX and headed north.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    You have to wonder what's taking so long for Honda to come to market with a new Pilot. This MDX seems to be a homerun and the current PIlot was uninspiring when it first appeared and that was a loooong time ago. I'm assuming the new Pilot will be more efficient and have somewhat more cargo room than the MDX while giving up some luxury and power. That could put it at the top of the segment but instead they soldier on with a PIlot that is virtually the same as it was 7 years ago.
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    Packing up for the return trip at the end of the school year is a bigger challenge.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited September 2014
    @legacygt
    Honda, like many others, uses the same platform for many cars. The Honda Accord, Acura TLX and RL use the same midsize platform. The Odyssey, Pilot, and MDX use the same platform so the new Pilot should come out in 2015 or 2016. In an effort to save money, the new Civic and CRV will also ride on the same platform of the Accord and TLX instead of the current small car platform. This one platform will be the foundation for most of Honda's vehicles.
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    edited October 2014
    @explorerx4‌
    Word. I think a U-haul will be involved. Or a mini-storage unit nearby in Eugene.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320
    @actualsize. That MDX doesn't have trailer hitch or a roof rack. Group mini-storage sounds like a good option.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    @explorerx4
    By the end of the Spring quarter the MDX will be gone and I'll have other long-term vehicles to choose from. One or two of them should have a hitch!

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• Options
    suburbanomoresuburbanomore Member Posts: 1
    You mentioned the MDX has 90.9 cubic feet of cargo space. Everything I've seen in the published specs is only 68+ cubic feet when the seats are folded. I am curious about this discrepancy.