Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Fuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Ram
imageFuel Economy Update for September - 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com conducts a long-term test of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and tallies up its fuel economy characteristics measured during the month of September.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Sorry for being so persistent on this, but I really think you need to include DEF costs as part of your equation. I'm sure you guys have burned through a lot and that cost needs to be accounted for when you're considering the efficiency of a vehicle to purchase.
  • vdotvdot Member Posts: 3
    agree, need to add def expenses.
  • fmkofmko Member Posts: 21
    all diesels use DEF so whats the big deal, if you buy a diesel that is an expense.
  • ek900ek900 Member Posts: 39
    These guys are being pests, but they are right. Gas vehicles use gas and that is it. If a diesel requires DEF (and they all do), you have to factor that in.
  • morrcarr67morrcarr67 Member Posts: 1
    Isn't this a 4X4 model? If so you guys aren't showing the correct EPA ratings. The 4X4 is 19/27 average of 22. Though this truck has never reached the high of 27 it is in line with the average.
  • blackecoramblackecoram Member Posts: 6
    I have a CC 4x4 and I'm averaging 26 us mpgs. So far I have 21000 kms on my truck and I have only had to out $20 in to fill the DEF. Considering I'm saving $500-600 in fuel costs each month, the $20 is pretty negligible.
  • belopskybelopsky Member Posts: 2
    @blackecoram what is your daily/monthly commute mileage?
  • blackecoramblackecoram Member Posts: 6
    My monthly driving is about 5-6000kms per month.