Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pretty severe brake pulsation when stopping, NOT rotors, good pads! Subaru Tribeca.

wabbittwabbitt Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in Subaru
I change my own pads as a good lifetime warranty with free replacement from Autozone is great!

But with the Tribeca... I changed the front rotors just like all my other cars over the years.. and now there is pretty severe pulsation when trying to brake... I've checked the rotors and pad replacement twice now and all looks perfect.

I searched this pulsation issue and saw on a Jaquar site that you can ruin the ABS on some cars when you don't drain excess fluid as you push the piston back to install then new thicker pads..

Is this an issue for B9? I don't see it anywhere... I'm ready to bring it in the shop.. the pulsation ONLY happens when braking and gets more severe when stopping from progressively highter speeds...
Help?

Comments

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    How did you "check" your rotors?

Sure sounds like a warped rotor to me. If you bought cheap Chinese rotors this is quite likely.
  • dcm61dcm61 Member Posts: 1,567
    Have the lugs always been properly torqued? If not, that will kill (warp) the rotors.

And FYI, a nice shiny smooth surface does not mean there isn't pad transfer (more common than warping) or actual warping that is causing the pulsation.
  • 99accent99accent Member Posts: 237
    just replaced the ceramic pads should have gotten semi metallic