Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2015 in Chevrolet
image2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Long-Term Road Test

As we've discussed, Chevy made the bad (totally reasonable based on sales numbers) decision to discontinue the best color available on 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray: Lime Rock Green.

So, is it, as I postulated, rare enough to be a collector's edition? With its Lime Rock Green paint and Kalahari leather interior, our Corvette is one of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    expensivehobbyexpensivehobby Member Posts: 91
    I'd like to see that Laguna blue/Adreneline red combo. My much older brother ordered from the factory a '66 Trophy blue/Light blue vette which remains burned in my brain as the car which made me care about cars. Okay, the '59 red TR3 he had before helped a little too.
  • Options
    csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    I wonder how much those numbers would differ if people went back to ordering their cars vs. buying off the lot. I assume the biggest factor in the boringness of car color is dealers ordering non-offensive colors, e.g. red Corvettes and gray/beige everything else. I don't suppose those numbers could be broken down into how many of each color were ordered that way vs. dealer stock?
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I would bet that the Corvette has a much higher percentage of ordered cars vs dealer stock purchases than just about any other car GM makes.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Usually rare color combinations decrease value. Just try and sell a purple Porsche Carrera.
  • Options
    guy1974guy1974 Member Posts: 119
    Unusual color combinations can actually sell well since they are rare and some second hand buyers of special cars, like the Corvette, want it. Jack Baruth (R&T and theTruthaboutcars.com) had a lime green Audi S5 which was unique but sold easily privately.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    edited October 2014
    So much focus on the color combinations... I'd buy a Corvette for the engine and handling, not because I can get it in Laguna Blue. That being said, I'd have it in grey. MMMmmmm.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Should have got it as a convertible for it to be a collector's edition.
  • Options
    bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    good riddance that green is FUGLY
  • Options
    speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    I'm always amazed at the number of people who choose a red interior with a blue car. "Superman colors". The author dissing "McDonald's colors" of yellow and red, but then going on to say that Superman colors are a "guilty pleasure" is odd. Am I missing some hidden sarcasm, or is Mike really saying that's a good combo?
  • Options
    wingerrrwingerrr Member Posts: 3
    LRG over red, is that Christmas?