Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

The Affordable Porsche - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Porsche
imageThe Affordable Porsche - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Most of Porsche's vehicles have MSRPs that easily clear $100,000 when new. But the 2015 Porsche Macan is different. In comparison, it's almost affordable.

Read the full story here

Comments

• legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Same as the Cayenne before it and the Boxter before that.
    The base level Macan that will come as soon as Porsche milks as much as they can out of the early adopters is bound to be the volume leader here. The question will be whether it delivers as much fun as the S.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    also, everyone talks about discounting on fords and chevrolets but a good friend of mine has bought a couple of caymans brand new that were left over models; getting $8-10k discounts off msrp...
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    s197gt said:

also, everyone talks about discounting on fords and chevrolets but a good friend of mine has bought a couple of caymans brand new that were left over models; getting $8-10k discounts off msrp...

Yeah but dealers are barely budging on Macans. I found ONE dealer in my area willing to negotiate with me, so I placed my order with them.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    s197gt said:

Interesting. The Cayman seems to have the least recognition of all the cars in the Porsche showroom including the newest (Macan and Panamera). I"m not sure exactly why that is other than the fact that Porsche tried to do something unusual by putting a roof on a Boxster and charging more for it. I get that the Cayman offers more performance than an equivalent Boxster but I'm not sure if the market was ready to accept the notion of a hardtop Boxster as the middle ground between the Boxster and 911.