Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 v 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD no nav Lease Decision

withanewithane Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Honda

I am so confused about how to calculate a good lease deal. Have always bought (financed) but have never owned outright, as I always trade while still owing some on my loan. I fit the profile of someone for whom leasing makes sense, but no matter how much I read about leasing I just cannot figure out how to come up with the best deal. And now added to the basic confusion about how lease calculations work is the impact of getting to the end of one model year and the start of another - do I wait for the 2015s to come out and have better luck negotiating a 2014? Should I go for a 2015? Help please!

Answers

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

You REALLY need to read up on how leases work before you jump in. I'm sure you can find what you need to know right here in one of these forums.

Leasing a 2015 may be the better deal since the residuals will be higher thus negating any "savings" you may get on a 2014.

• Options
    withanewithane Member Posts: 5

That was MY thought about the 2015s too .... From what I've been able to ascertain from online articles and forums about leasing vs buying, the older model year may sell at a better deal because dealers want to be rid of them, but the new model year may lease at a better deal because the residual value will be higher. I'll keep reading .. .maybe it will all make sense to me eventually! Thanks.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,153

Leases are cheap on the 2014 CR-V, right now...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342

@kyfdx said:
    Leases are cheap on the 2014 CR-V, right now...

That would indicate high inventory levels and a desire to thin the herd.

• Options
    roadkill44roadkill44 Member Posts: 3
    Can you please provide the October money factor and residual value for both a Honda CR-v 2015 EXL and a 2015 Touring model? Thank you
  • Options

Can you please provide the October money factor and residual value for both a Honda CR-v 2015 EXL and a 2015 Touring model? Thank you

.00160 MF

36mo, 15K/yr?

EX-L AWD 62%, Touring AWD 59%, EX-L AWD w/NAV 60%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you very much. I should have asked for 36 mo. 12K/yr. Could you please update. I am about to pull the trigger. Thanks again.
  • Options
    Could you also show the RV on the EX w/Nav on both 12k and 15k, 36mo.
  • Options

Thank you very much. I should have asked for 36 mo. 12K/yr. Could you please update. I am about to pull the trigger. Thanks again.

Add 2% to go from 15K/yr to 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    berriberri Member Posts: 10,165
    edited October 2014
    A 3 year lease - all other things being equal, go for the lowest monthly price - you won't own it all that long. I think kyfdx makes a good point on the mileage option you pick. Going over can be expensive and put you in a "can't use it much" situation toward the end.
  • Options
    prince1979prince1979 Member Posts: 2
    Is $1500 down (all fees, doc,etc except $320 dmv license plate fee)
    $320 a month
    2014 CRV-EXL
    New York City

Good deal??