Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Armrest vs. Handbrake - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in MINI
imageArmrest vs. Handbrake - 2014 Mini Cooper Hardtop Long-Term Road Test

Ergonomic Issues with the Edmunds Long-Term Mini Cooper.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    adantiumadantium Member Posts: 42
    you should have the parking brake slack adjusted for free by the dealer so it doesn't come up so high.
  • Options
    desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Any updates on the possible transmission issue with the warning light?
    That was written with 2,667 miles on the car. This armrest post is at 2,735 miles.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    The European version has an electronic parking brake the U.S. has a hand brake but the same console.
  • Options
    darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    Not true! All F56s have the same hand parking brake, even in Europe.
  • Options
    mlin32mlin32 Member Posts: 35
    I believe the parking brake is the same across all regions, versus the VW Golf which has an afterthought for the North American version.

Cars should just go for the EPB. Saves dash space, integrates with ABS. Cost is probably a factor though.
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    > Cars should just go for the EPB. Saves dash space, integrates with ABS. Cost is probably a factor though.

God forbid. I looked at the 2008 Passat and did not buy it because it had the dreaded electronic handbrake. Bought the 2012 Passat because it did not. I hate those things. Stupidest idea ever.

It is also one of the reasons I bought an E60 vs. an F10.

Love that my SLK350 has a real handbrake, too. The only Mercedes that does, I believe.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    what
    vvk said:

> Cars should just go for the EPB. Saves dash space, integrates with ABS. Cost is probably a factor though.

God forbid....Stupidest idea ever.

It is also one of the reasons I bought an E60 vs. an F10.

Love that my SLK350 has a real handbrake, too. The only Mercedes that does, I believe.

What's wrong with EPB?