Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Proper Plug Placement - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Jeep
imageProper Plug Placement - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Most manufacturers have figured out that car shoppers want maximum connectivity in their cars. Unfortunately those same manufacturers don't always

Read the full story here

Comments

• bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    The SD card is fine, but anything else will have a cord running from it, which is why I prefer to have them covered somewhere--the Kia Forte's bin at the bottom of the center stack and forward of the shifter is a good example that doesn't put them in the console armrest but still fights clutter--or provide a semi-concealed channel to run the cords, like some Toyotas and Hondas. Or since the connectors are cheap, have more than one set, one concealed and one open--even some quite inexpensive cars seem to do this.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    From the post: "And there is an additional USB port in the console if you want to plug in your phone or iPod out of sight."
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    So, if my device uses USB or can be adapted, I'm OK there. The additional 12V, if there is one, is probably back in the cargo bay. I still find open ports in a prominent place annoying at approximately the same magnitude as empty switch blanks. Kia's tambour door is one thing they did right. OTOH, the Toyota Yaris, which doesn't have a console or armrest, has the ports underneath the dash in a manner I assumed it didn't actually have any, although the radio implied their presence somewhere--if I had rented it longer than one day I probably would have searched harder.
  • milt721milt721 Member Posts: 83
    Looks like they are also lit up, which would really help at night.