Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

High-Tech Features - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Kia
imageHigh-Tech Features - 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

There was a time, not long ago, that the high-tech gizmos on our Long-Term 2014 Kia Cadenza were reserved for ultra-premium flagship sedans. Times have changed.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Take a look at the 2015 CR-V Touring. All of those features at $32,350. Just like Bluetooth and backup cameras, commonplace nowadays, tech is trickling down from the luxury makes to pretty much everything. Makes you wonder what's next!
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    LED headlights would definitely be great to have on more affordable cars (and I'm talking about full-LED, not just lowbeams like on the Corolla), but they've got to come down in price first. Not only to make it more affordable when purchasing, but also down the road. Most LED headlights require that the whole assembly is replaced if any part fails, and they can run at least $1000 or more per headlight. It still amazes me that HID headlights have been out for so long, yet there are still many cars that don't have them, even as an option. They aren't too expensive, and they're invaluable, especially if you drive a lot of dark country roads at night like I do.
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    "What's going to be the next so-called premium feature that will find its way to the mainstream? Will it be LED headlamps, or something else?"

whatever it is... kia has a fifth button for it. and that empty fifth button will be a constant reminder that your car doesn't have it.

i HATE that.

i'd tell the salesman: "what goes there?! (pointing to the blank button.) whatever it is i want it. get me a car that has it!"
  • nsbio1nsbio1 Member Posts: 75
    The next button: autonomous driving mode. Will free up space by removing least two of the existing ones, lane assist and blind spot.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    And a surprising number of people shop for cars looking for these types of features. My Aunt and Uncle (in their late 60s) have two Kia Sorentos (after a lifetime of premium cars..these replaced a Lexus and Jeep GC). Their son drives an Evoque. Now the Sorento and Evoque have very little in common but my Aunt and Uncle repeatedly list their luxury features and options vs. the Evoque and believe they have the more "premium" car.