Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Why won't my car start? Lincoln LS.

anselmo1403anselmo1403 Member Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in Lincoln
I own a Lincoln ls v8 2003. The battery started to act as if it were dying it first started to die quickly (5-10 minutes) with the key turned but car off, then it went to about 2 minutes until it would die. Then everytime I turned it off and tried to turn it back on it was dead so I had to get jumps. Now it doesn't crank even with a jump. Now its jumped by another vehicle when I try to diagnose the issue. Fuse #1 (starter relay coil) was blown so I replaced it and it started to work again (battery didn't die either) for about 2 days until the issue came back. Now the fuse keeps blowing everytime I try to crank car. It only blows when I crank not when I turn it to on with engine off. The main starter relay is good, I changed the starter and cleaned battery terminals but problem still continues. I've disconnected the gear selector switch and when I cranked it the fuse did not blow. Once in a while when I turn to crank it it sounds like it wants to crank but noise stops after a second. I believe its a short but I'm unsure. I've wasted about 20 fuses and want this fixed anyone know what it would be?

Comments

• mi1houzemi1houze Member Posts: 1
    I am also having an a starting issue with my car. I have a Lincoln LS 2002 v8. There will be days that it will start with no problems but after words it wont start again. I would have to wait for about 10-20 mins and try again. Sometimes i am able to get it to start with no hesitation and sometimes i am not so lucky. when I turn the key to crank nothing happens. I hear a small little click noise but the car won't start. The battery is good and I have recently change the alternator thinking that was the problem and still having the same issue. I've heard about some wires behind the ignition switch that could be lose and can be the problem. I also heard something about the alarm system can cause the car not to start since it thinks the car is still on lock down mode and turns on the anti-thief mode which prevents the car to start. I hope this helps and if tou found out the situation to this problem please let me know.
  • anselmo1403anselmo1403 Member Posts: 2
    mi1houze said:

I am also having an a starting issue with my car. I have a Lincoln LS 2002 v8. There will be days that it will start with no problems but after words it wont start again. I would have to wait for about 10-20 mins and try again. Sometimes i am able to get it to start with no hesitation and sometimes i am not so lucky. when I turn the key to crank nothing happens. I hear a small little click noise but the car won't start. The battery is good and I have recently change the alternator thinking that was the problem and still having the same issue. I've heard about some wires behind the ignition switch that could be lose and can be the problem. I also heard something about the alarm system can cause the car not to start since it thinks the car is still on lock down mode and turns on the anti-thief mode which prevents the car to start. I hope this helps and if tou found out the situation to this problem please let me know.

I solved my problem, I had toi replacd the DTR and it started working fine
  • hitman75thhitman75th Member Posts: 8
    I had the same problem it would be fine when i put in a new fuse be blow like a day or 2 later but i replace the starter and the problem when away. And my alternate when like a week or to later so look out for that to happen if it is the starter