Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Large Gear Indicator - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Jaguar
imageLarge Gear Indicator - 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds likes the large gear indicator in its long-term 2015 Jaguar F-Type R Coupe. It makes it easy to tell the gear you're in with a quick glance.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    Big indicator for all the old folks that can't see... the same folk that can't shift for themselves. ha. j/k. The big indicator is good idea.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    edited October 2014
    I always know what gear my car is in because I moved a lever into a specific spot for that gear :)

But, I do get it, on auto/manual setups knowing what gear your in is very helpful so you want it to stand out. Because, unfortunately, I have one of those cars too. Although next time I'll take a manual even if it is slower because they are more fun.
  • Options
    tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    I don't like how they did the numbering on the speedo. If they wanted to do 20 mph increments and have the last number be 200, why didn't they just start at 0 or 20? Having the 190 and the 200 markings crammed together looks like a last minute decision that takes away from the otherwise clean design.
  • Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I'm a big fan of gear indicators—especially on modern manual transmissions with 5, 6 or 7 gears.

I do think, however, that it should be located in the tach. It just seems to make more sense locating it there.