Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 VW Passat 1.8T S Lease price

googcsgoogcs Member Posts: 7
edited October 2014 in Volkswagen
Can someone assist me and tell me if this is a good deal on a 2015 Passat S 1.8T 15k/3 yrs lease for $168/mo

Retail price $23,310
Savings - $4870 which includes the $2250 incentive = Selling price $18440 + fees and taxes

This is also includes $1999 down so I am basically putting down $3885 with taxes

Is this good? or Can I do better? The dealer actually had it advertised $115 for this car then turned around and said to me that its for manual not AT. Bait and switch to me.

Comments

• straman17straman17 Member Posts: 63
    I would advise to not put any money down on the lease. To find out if you getting a good deal you need to get the specifics from your quote such as the MF and residual for the car. Just pay for fees and taxes outright.
  • googcsgoogcs Member Posts: 7
    I was told 50% residule after 3 yrs. I was being talked out of the 15k as the manager said that I am wasting money where VW buys out the car from the lease instead if taking it back to VW so I am over paying. Not sure if this is true.
  • markymarktmarkymarkt Member Posts: 75
    What are the lease numbers this month in Los Angeles. 15k for 3 years. Se model with Sunroof and nav. $2250 incentive?
    2018 Toyota Rav4
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,121

What are the lease numbers this month in Los Angeles. 15k for 3 years. Se model with Sunroof and nav. $2250 incentive?

.00038 and 49%. $3000 lease cash this month for 2015 model year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• inker22inker22 Member Posts: 12
    Can I please get current MF and RV for the 2015 Passat S PZEV Auto

36 Months, 12k miles per year

Are there any incentives available for this model as well?

Thank you in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    inker22 said:

Can I please get current MF and RV for the 2015 Passat S PZEV Auto

36 Months, 12k miles per year

Are there any incentives available for this model as well?

Thank you in advance.

.00024 MF and 50% residual. $2750 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thx kyfdx for the quick reply!

In regards to the $2750 lease cash, do you have a link to it where I can read more info about it.

Just wanted to make sure that I'm prepared when the dealership ask where I got that figure lol. Thx again!!
    inker22 said:

Thx kyfdx for the quick reply!

In regards to the $2750 lease cash, do you have a link to it where I can read more info about it.

Just wanted to make sure that I'm prepared when the dealership ask where I got that figure lol. Thx again!!

http://www.edmunds.com/volkswagen/passat/2015/car-incentives.html?style=200705165&irr_section=leasing_irr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thx kyfdx. On that link you posted, it also shows that it requires a downpayment. Hope it's not required to qualify for that incentive. I also noticed the $455 Dealer Contribution in that link. This is in addition to the $2750 lease cash correct? If so, that means we can get $3205 off MSRP?

Thx again. Hoping to pull the trigger by end of this week or early next week.
    inker22 said:

Thx kyfdx. On that link you posted, it also shows that it requires a downpayment. Hope it's not required to qualify for that incentive. I also noticed the $455 Dealer Contribution in that link. This is in addition to the $2750 lease cash correct? If so, that means we can get $3205 off MSRP?

Thx again. Hoping to pull the trigger by end of this week or early next week.

Downpayment isn't required... that's just an example of the advertised lease. The advertised price includes the $2750 lease cash and a dealer discount of $455... You should try for more than that..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator