Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Acura ILX To Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Acura
image2016 Acura ILX To Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

The redesigned 2016 Acura ILX, the brand's most affordable compact luxury sedan, will debut in November at the 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Comments

• lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    They said the same thing about the TLX, and in return we received a toned down entry luxury vehicle that doesn't quite stack up against its intended target. I hope they make the 206 HP i4 the standard power-train, or at least the 189 HP from the Accord Sport. 8 spd auto and 6 spd manual as an option. The exterior and interior need to put space between it and the Si and of course more luxury appeal.
  • phantogramphantogram Member Posts: 13
    The Audi A3 and Benz CLA murk this thing. Acura better bring it with these updates.
    WreckEmTech
  • vrooomf1vrooomf1 Member Posts: 28
    They need to put a slightly tuned down version of the Euro Civic TypeR engine (2l DI Turbo, let's say 250HP) with all wheel drive and MT in this thing and maybe I might bite my tongue for buying a 2015 WRX... But I doubt they can top Subaru on this one.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Their competitors all offer turbo motors. Could this "potent new powertrain" follow suit?
  • subatomicsubatomic Member Posts: 140
    I think the ILX is a great car just as it is....my favorite being the 2.4 liter engine/6-speed manual transmission combo. Unlike its competitors, the price doesn't soar into the stratosphere with endless options (cough, cough....Germans). It also comes standard with Acura/Honda refinement and bulletproof reliability. Let's see where the competing products are when the warranty/free maintenance runs out. The only change/addition that I would make to the ILX is a more aggressive sport-tuned suspension option and tires along with the helical LSD from the Civic Si in addition to the excellent manual transmission.
  • lions208487lions208487 Member Posts: 240
    @subatomic - valid point but the base engine is slow and was even out handled by the baby Buick Verano. Let the 2.4 liter be the base, 8 spd auto, and update the interior/exterior to make this ILX compete against the 2 Series, A3, and CLA on an equal performance level. Yes the 6 spd 2.4 liter is solid, and and I agree that when you hit 50K on the OD, the ILX will keep running like new, but it needs to be what the Integra was decades ago when it came to market, and so far it really is a badge engineered Civic.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    edited October 2014
    The new ILX will probably be powered by Honda's new Earthdreams turbo 4's http://world.honda.com/news/2013/4131119VTEC-TURBO-Gasoline-Turbo-Engine/. I'm guessing the base model will be powered by the 1.5 turbo and CVT and the top end will feature the new 2.0 280HP turbo 4 with the 8 speed DCT and the precision all wheel steering. Acura might even make the hybrid SH-AWD system available which would make it a very high powered light weight car with incredible handling. They might be trying to get back in the market they abandoned when they dropped the Integra/RSX from the line up.

If this is the case, I'm going to be in line to buy one. Even fully loaded it would still cost less than any thing from the Germans and would easily out run them in a straight line or through curves.
  • weg1weg1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    This platform was not engineered for AWD AFAIK, so that seems a crazy long shot for this "update." The turbo 4 could make this a more attractive option to many, especially if they increase the level of sport in other ways. Honda has lagged while other brands have been embracing bolder designs--we'll see what they do here. I wouldn't be surprised if they include the sport body kit (or a massaged version thereof) as standard (maybe in all but base model). A couple more interesting color options would be welcomed too! I will be sad if the changes include dropping the manual transmission config.