Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda6 transmission rebuild

jkirstenjjkirstenj Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Mazda
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TRANSMISSION IN THE 2014 MAZD6 iTOURING MANUAL 6 SPEED?

HAVE APPROX 8500 MILES & WON'T GO INTO 3, 4 OR 5. DEALERSHIP MENTIONED REBUILDING THE TRANSMISSION...ANY THOUGHTS?

Comments

• 2014max2014max Member Posts: 1

Yep, 3rd pops out on the stick shift. Dealer being a dick about checking it out. Says it didn't happen when they drove it. I picked it up and sure enough 5 minutes down the road.. Shift in to third and it just popped in neutral.. Does it whenever, can't gauge when or what does it.. Kinda pissed.. I should have bought the honda accord sport..

• jkirstenjjkirstenj Member Posts: 2

They installed a new transmission, but the new one is acting the same way and now I have a heavy vibration in 4th gear at just below 2000RPM. Mazda Corp said to contact the dealership, dealship said contact Mazda Corp...SO I GOT A LAWYER. Mazda corp answered the lawyers demand letter and here is some info that might be benefitial to you 2014max, Mazda Corp has an Informal Dispute Resoltion Program, and it's free. 1-800-955-5100 www.lemonlaw.bbb.org

• oblithianoblithian Member Posts: 7

I have been having a number of problems with my transmission but they happen infrequently so the dealer keeps sending me away, and now that it's started to rust I just want to get rid of it :(

mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123840002-2014-Mazda-6-Manual-Tranmission-Issues

• halflife2halflife2 Member Posts: 8
    This not a normal problem. Have rebuilt 100plus Mazda manual transmissions in over a quarter of a century with Mazda vehicles and I will be completely honest... The problems are most not due to internal mechanical failure but do to the failure of the person at the end of the shifter handle. Nevertheless your trans should be covered, especially at 8 k.
  • halflife2halflife2 Member Posts: 8
    jkirstenj said:

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH TRANSMISSION IN THE 2014 MAZD6 iTOURING MANUAL 6 SPEED?

HAVE APPROX 8500 MILES & WON'T GO INTO 3, 4 OR 5. DEALERSHIP MENTIONED REBUILDING THE TRANSMISSION...ANY THOUGHTS?

This is not common but the depending on the climate the fluid will act differently . Most manuals use and 80 90w fluid in normal or warm climates. 75 90w is best for very cold climates because it will squeeze out of blocker rings a double cone syncros fastester to aid in smooth engagement.
  • oblithianoblithian Member Posts: 7
    I don't know about the other fellow, but I have had several senior Mazda mechanics compliment how smooth and gentle my shifting is. Which I find to be high praise since they both said they were former race car drivers, and my shifting was smoother than theirs.