Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Unnecessary Wood Trim - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Jeep
imageUnnecessary Wood Trim - 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited has class-leading interior quality, but one cheap piece stands out like a sore thumb.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    You can't be serious?! This is the best you could come up with for a posting on this vehicle? If I wanted to read a styling critique, Edmunds would be near the bottom of my reading list.

Travis, how about addressing something that can actually help readers here with making a good buying decision?
  • linard76linard76 Member Posts: 10
    Travis, I appreciated this post and never noticed this before either. This post is warranted and along with the wide variety of other posts, gives me a picture of the long termers I wouldn't normally get in a review. I guess some will never be satisfied with these posts.
  • tsdriver27tsdriver27 Member Posts: 24
    I've seen worse wood trim applications...
    linard76 said:

Travis, I appreciated this post and never noticed this before either. This post is warranted and along with the wide variety of other posts, gives me a picture of the long termers I wouldn't normally get in a review. I guess some will never be satisfied with these posts.

Tell me how the car drives, how the switch gear works, how the infotainment works, how are the ergonomics... Need I go on?

Writing a post on something soooo subjective is useless and a waste of time. I can make up my own mind up as to whether it looks good. It's a piece of plastic trim. So you tap on it and it feels hollow and/or cheap. Duh...

Give me a break.
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    rsholland said:

linard76 said:

Tell me how the car drives, how the switch gear works, how the infotainment works, how are the ergonomics... Need I go on?

Writing a post on something soooo subjective is useless and a waste of time. I can make up my own mind up as to whether it looks good. It's a piece of plastic trim. So you tap on it and it feels hollow and/or cheap. Duh...

Give me a break.
    Interior and materials quality is extremely important in car buying. I think you're reaching a little bit for a reason to be mad.
    edited October 2014

rsholland said:

linard76 said:

Give me a break.
    Interior and materials quality is extremely important in car buying. I think you're reaching a little bit for a reason to be mad.
    Stupid posts make me mad.
  • mz6lovermz6lover Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    I don't like it either, but it could be worse.
  • christophermcgchristophermcg Member Posts: 10
    The whole door panel looks cheap and chintzy, reminds me of Mopar through and through.. reminds me of the Neon, caliber, dart.. the brand always had issues pulling off sophistication.
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80

The whole door panel looks cheap and chintzy, reminds me of Mopar through and through.. reminds me of the Neon, caliber, dart.. the brand always had issues pulling off sophistication.

selfie profile pictures are cheap and chintzy.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Tapping on a piece of thin wood with a thick layer of poly on it isn't going to give any clue it is actually wood vs plastic.

I think it looks ok, and reflects well on Jeep that they actually used real wood in a place and on a vehicle where plastic would have been perfectly acceptable.
  • christophermcgchristophermcg Member Posts: 10
    joner800 said:

selfie profile pictures are cheap and chintzy.
    I logged in with facebook, but your ad hominem attack is particularly hilarious. I see no rebuttal though..
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    It's wood because you guys optioned it like that? The interior looks pretty good to me.
This discussion has been closed.