Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Subtle Mood Lighting - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Mercedes-Benz
imageSubtle Mood Lighting - 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

The 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 has amber mood lights underneath its head restraints.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    redskinsdmvredskinsdmv Member Posts: 52
    Meh
  • Options
    schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    It's an inconsequential thing, but it's the kind of thing that really impresses people. It really costs next to nothing, so I wonder why more manufacturers don't use more mood lighting.
  • Options
    allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878

Meh

I agree. My Acura as ambient foot well lighting. Since it also has black all weather floor mats I had the car for over a month before I noticed the light reflecting off of a white shopping bag on the floor. I do like how the blue ambient light from the roof shines down on the console and cup holders. Point is, the lighting should also serve a purpose. Those foot well lights are silly and would be better if they were moved to each front door to shine down in the map pockets.

• Options
    linard76linard76 Member Posts: 10
    edited October 2014
    The CLA also has ambient lighting in the cup holders, each door handle and door pulls, all 4 foot wells and ceiling so you're not really missing much in there.
  • Options
    shepskishepski Member Posts: 45
    Those will be great for illuminating any dandruff that collects there, grossing out your rear passengers once they come to after bashing their heads on the sloping roof pillar upon ingress...
  • Options
    mrvtecskimrvtecski Member Posts: 46
    I have ambient blue leds in my TSX and the light hits the shifter and console, not a bad thing. It does not disturb night driving.