Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Rocking Out With the Lexicon Sound System - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in Kia
imageRocking Out With the Lexicon Sound System - 2015 Kia K900 Long-Term Road Test

This is the text a search engine will offer the reader as description of your page in the search results. Be sure to include the Year Make Model and aim for around 150 characters.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Excellent post, thanks. There will be a lot of people that forget about the extras when comparing price and if you'd pay $5k for a similar system otherwise, this Kia is now an additional $5k less.
  • ebeaudoinebeaudoin Member Posts: 509
    Agreed, great post. Marvin Gaye is one of my favorites for testing car audio, too.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "I've played a variety of music from my iPod and it all sounded great."

"I'd bet a lot of today's kids have completely missed out on the audiophile experience."

So since your iPod doesn't support lossless files, you were playing a compressed music source. Depending on the bitrate of the compression your iPod is set for, there's a good chance you are missing out on the audiophile experience, too.
  • dmosdmos Member Posts: 8
    Sure the iPod does support lossless files - it's called ALAC. The majority of my music library is encoded in that format. The support of ALAC is the reason for my 160GB iPod still having a home in the car or with me on long trips away from home. It's a lot easier to take that than the library of CD's in my home.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    dmos said:

Sure the iPod does support lossless files - it's called ALAC. The majority of my music library is encoded in that format. The support of ALAC is the reason for my 160GB iPod still having a home in the car or with me on long trips away from home. It's a lot easier to take that than the library of CD's in my home.

Huh! Good info. Does every iPod support ALAC? I am still doubtful that the person who created this post actually had lossless files on his device, though - think he would have mentioned it.