Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Subaru Outback Lease Questions

Comments

• wagon8wagon8 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014
    Michaell said:

budsenior said:

MSRP for 25i is $33,775 and for 3.6 is $36,040 price includes destination fee

Pre-tax payment is $353.24/mo for the 3.6 and $328.57/mo for the 2.5.
    So , is this saying 328.57 pretax on a 2.5 limited that was 33,775 MSRP? THANKS
  • wagon8wagon8 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2014

:)
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,175

Hi, Can someone please help. Thanks in advance.

We are looking at a 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited with Nav,, Moon Roof, and Pushstart

The msrp $33,618 and they are selling it for $31,759 including all taxes, titles, tags, and processing. We are putting nothing down.

We are getting 36 months with 15,000 miles a year.

We live in Virginia Beach, VA

They are quoting us a residual value of 57%

Total price per month for the lease is $460.00

This seems high and I'm not sure of the money factor.

Any thoughts and is this a good deal? If not, how much should we ask for in negotiations.

The base money factor should be .00050. Using that MF, I get a payment of $375/mo. Does the $31,759 include everything? Or, is that the selling price and tax, etc is on top of that?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• beachguyngalbeachguyngal Member Posts: 19
    This includes everything out the door with nothing down.

What do you believe is a good payment for this car and how much lower can we negotiate.

The tax included is 4.05%.

Thank you so much.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,057
    wagon8 said:

Michaell said:

budsenior said:

MSRP for 25i is $33,775 and for 3.6 is $36,040 price includes destination fee

Pre-tax payment is $353.24/mo for the 3.6 and $328.57/mo for the 2.5.
    So , is this saying 328.57 pretax on a 2.5 limited that was 33,775 MSRP? THANKS
    Yes, that's what I've calculated. Pretty good deal for a $34K car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• bsheursbsheurs Member Posts: 13
    Hi. What is the current residual and MF for Outback 2.5 Premium 36/15k
    bsheurs said:

58% and .00050 MF.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

58% and .00050 MF.
    So if sale price is 27,250 and I cover all taxes and fees up front. What should my monthly payment be?
    bsheurs said:

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

58% and .00050 MF.
    So if sale price is 27,250 and I cover all taxes and fees up front. What should my monthly payment be?
    We would need to know the MSRP as well in order to model a payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

58% and .00050 MF.

$28,150
    bsheurs said:

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

Michaell said:

bsheurs said:

58% and .00050 MF.

$28,150
    With your MSRP and selling price, I get a pre-tax payment of $325.21/mo for 36 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• gml4gml4 Member Posts: 1
    Residual Rates
    Are there typically different residual rates on different Trims (ie: Premium vs Limited)?
    gml4 said:

Residual Rates
    Are there typically different residual rates on different Trims (ie: Premium vs Limited)?

Yes... slightly different, but not always.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tiguanbuyertiguanbuyer Member Posts: 5
    Does anyone know if you can negotiate the $279/month 2015 base outback lease? I don't like to put money down on a lease. Just curious if anyone has any experience.

Does anyone know if you can negotiate the $279/month 2015 base outback lease? I don't like to put money down on a lease. Just curious if anyone has any experience.

The national programs are just OK; with a bit of negotiation, you should be able to do better.

Work to get the lowest selling price.

What lease terms are you looking for?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• js20737js20737 Member Posts: 21
    Hi guys,
    I have a cash quote for a '15 2.5i Outback Ltd with nav/eyesight/remote start at 30,866 plus taxes, no dealer fee (MSRP 34,908 / Invoice 32,186).

Can't decide whether to lease, but if I did can you please tell me what MF/Residual/payment I should be targeting (minus CO sales tax) for 36 mos, 0 down, 15k & 18k?

Thank you!
    js20737 said:

Hi guys,
    I have a cash quote for a '15 2.5i Outback Ltd with nav/eyesight/remote start at 30,866 plus taxes, no dealer fee (MSRP 34,908 / Invoice 32,186).

Can't decide whether to lease, but if I did can you please tell me what MF/Residual/payment I should be targeting (minus CO sales tax) for 36 mos, 0 down, 15k & 18k?

Thank you!

.00050 MF and 57% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

At your quote, it's $330/mo.+tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikem856mikem856 Member Posts: 21
    Hi, I am in Illinois, and I am looking at an Outback Lim & Prem, with the Moonroof package, no Eyesight. Leasing at 36mo/12K yr, $1000 down. What are you getting on pre-tax monthly payments for;

Lim;
    MSRP - 33040
    Price - 30786

Prem;
    MSRP - 29540
    Price - 27657

Thanks in advance.
    mikem856 said:

Hi, I am in Illinois, and I am looking at an Outback Lim & Prem, with the Moonroof package, no Eyesight. Leasing at 36mo/12K yr, $1000 down. What are you getting on pre-tax monthly payments for;

Lim;
    MSRP - 33040
    Price - 30786

Prem;
    MSRP - 29540
    Price - 27657

Thanks in advance.

Limited - .00050 and 59%. Pre-tax payment of $306.67.

Premium - .00050 and 60%. Pre-tax payment of $329.81.

Note that in Illinois you are required to pay sales tax on the entire selling price of the car - this will substantially increase your monthly payment.

That is changing as of 1/1/15 - at that time, you will only pay tax on the monthly payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

What! The tax law is changing on Jan 1? Thank GOD! It's been brutal trying to find a reasonable lease. So we will only be taxed on the depreciation value??
    mikem856 said:

What! The tax law is changing on Jan 1? Thank GOD! It's been brutal trying to find a reasonable lease. So we will only be taxed on the depreciation value??

Depreciation and rent charge are subject to tax.

Illinois has historically been one of the most expensive states in which to lease. Maryland, Texas and Georgia also tax the entire transaction price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

You literally just saved me $2000+ dollars. I had no idea that law had changed. I just looked it up. Well I guess I'm waiting until Jan. 1. Thank you so, so much Michaell. You just made my day!
    mikem856 said:

You literally just saved me $2000+ dollars. I had no idea that law had changed. I just looked it up. Well I guess I'm waiting until Jan. 1. Thank you so, so much Michaell. You just made my day!

My guess is that dealers in IL will offer some sort of tax incentive these last 8-9 weeks to continue to drive new leases before the law changes.

Otherwise, there will be a lot of crickets chirping.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

So I am guessing that I would plug the cap cost, residual and MF into the calculator. Then take the monthly payment and multiply by 36 to get my deprec. + rent cost. Then multiply that by our tax rate, to get the final tax number for the lease?
    mikem856 said:

So I am guessing that I would plug the cap cost, residual and MF into the calculator. Then take the monthly payment and multiply by 36 to get my deprec. + rent cost. Then multiply that by our tax rate, to get the final tax number for the lease?

You also need the MSRP, upon which the residual is based. Nothing more complicated than 4th or 5th grade math if you are building your own calculator.

Base payment (depreciation + rent charge) is multiplied by the tax rate to get the final payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• beigebeige Member Posts: 9

Hi, could you give current MF and residual rates for a 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited in NY for 36 months and 12k/15k? Thank you.

beige said:

Hi, could you give current MF and residual rates for a 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited in NY for 36 months and 12k/15k? Thank you.

.00050 MF and 59%/57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• angwickangwick Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2014
    Hi,   I am not sure if this is a decent deal or not. 2.5i limited nav eyesight moonroof sales price is $31983. With $3500 down I am being quoted $357/mo out the door for 36mo/12k. Residual is 59%. I was told that the mf was .001. Not sure if that makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am in TN. THank you. 

angwick said:

Hi,   I am not sure if this is a decent deal or not. 2.5i limited nav eyesight moonroof sales price is $31983. With $3500 down I am being quoted $357/mo out the door for 36mo/12k. Residual is 59%. I was told that the mf was .001. Not sure if that makes sense. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I am in TN. THank you. 

The residual is correct, but the base money factor is .00050, so if they are using .00100, it is marked up for extra profit.

With the MSRP, we can calculate an approximate payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• angwickangwick Member Posts: 2
    kyfdx said:

The residual is correct, but the base money factor is .00050, so if they are using .00100, it is marked up for extra profit. With the MSRP, we can calculate an approximate payment.
    Thank you for the reply. The msrp is 34508. The dealer is also telling me that there is a cap reduction cost of $445.  What is that and is it normal?

thank you

angwick said:

kyfdx said:

angwick said:

The residual is correct, but the base money factor is .00050, so if they are using .00100, it is marked up for extra profit.

With the MSRP, we can calculate an approximate payment.

Thank you for the reply. The msrp is 34508. The dealer is also telling me that there is a cap reduction cost of $445.  What is that and is it normal?

thank you

Cap cost reduction is down payment. It's normal but we don't recommend it.

I am getting a pre-tax payment of $349.04 with your numbers and the base MF of .00050

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sforgues1sforgues1 Member Posts: 5
    Any word on changes to MF and residuals for November? Interested in 2.5i Premium. Thanks.
  • paulntxpaulntx Member Posts: 61
    Looking at leasing a 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/sticker price of $33,713 and selling price of $31,220. Can you please tell me what the pre-tax lease payment would be for Texas? Also, please provide the MF and residual if possible.

Thanks!
    paulntx said:

Looking at leasing a 2015 Outback 2.5i Limited w/sticker price of $33,713 and selling price of $31,220. Can you please tell me what the pre-tax lease payment would be for Texas? Also, please provide the MF and residual if possible.

Thanks!

55% and .00030 for 36 months, 15K miles per year.

Pre-tax doesn't mean much in Texas, as the entire purchase price of $31,230 is subject to sales tax, even for a lease. This will make your payment much higher than in states where only the payment is taxed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• macctmacct Member Posts: 8
    November program for 3.6r - Can someone share the residual and money factor for a 3 year, 12k per year lease? Thank you
    macct said:

November program for 3.6r - Can someone share the residual and money factor for a 3 year, 12k per year lease? Thank you

.00030 MF and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sforgues1sforgues1 Member Posts: 5
    How about for 2.5i premium for 12k miles? What's the MF and residual on that? Thanks!
    sforgues1 said:

How about for 2.5i premium for 12k miles? What's the MF and residual on that? Thanks!

58% and .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks for the quick response. Does the MF and/or residual change for a 10k mile lease?
    Sorry, that would be for a 36 mo lease. Thanks!
    Final question! Is the RV based off the MSRP, the negotiated selling price or the selling price plus taxes/fees?

Thanks again.
    paulntx said:

Thanks for the quick response. Does the MF and/or residual change for a 10k mile lease?

Add 3% to the residual to go from 15K/yr to 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

paulntx said:

Final question! Is the RV based off the MSRP, the negotiated selling price or the selling price plus taxes/fees?

Thanks again.

Residual is based off the MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Well, one more question. What's the MF anf RV on a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited with a 36 mo lease at 10k mi/yr?

Thanks again!!
  • macctmacct Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:

macct said:

.00030 MF and 57% residual
    Thank you for the information.
    paulntx said:

Well, one more question. What's the MF anf RV on a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited with a 36 mo lease at 10k mi/yr?

Thanks again!!

.00030 MF and 58% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• anguillaanguilla Member Posts: 56
    Looking for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited with nav and eyesight. Would like at 15k lease for 3 years in New Jersey. What is the money factor and residual with $0 down and top tier credit?
    anguilla said:

Looking for 2015 Outback 2.5 Limited with nav and eyesight. Would like at 15k lease for 3 years in New Jersey. What is the money factor and residual with $0 down and top tier credit?

55% and .00030

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• doxiemommdoxiemomm Member Posts: 1
    I have a quote on a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited with Eyesight, Nav, etc...for $34,637. A 36mo/15k lease is $394.96 with 55% residual and .00060 MF. Seems high to me, no?
    edited November 2014
    doxiemomm said:

I have a quote on a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited with Eyesight, Nav, etc...for $34,637. A 36mo/15k lease is $394.96 with 55% residual and .00060 MF. Seems high to me, no?

55% residual is correct, but the base MF is .00030 ... your dealer seems to be marking it up for a bit of extra profit.

Is the $34,637 the MSRP or the selling price? We'd need to know both in order to model a payment for you.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator