Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

RPM's climb, climb, climb while at stop light - GMC Yukon Hybrid

mikaadamsmikaadams Member Posts: 3
edited October 2014 in GMC
I have had a problem for the past three years. When I am at a stop light the RPM's climb all the way up to even 4000 RPM's and I have to put the car into neutral. There is also hesitation and jerking. Usually it happens once a month and if I make a stop and turn off the engine, the problem goes away. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they can't duplicate the problem. Today it has done it all day. My truck is now past 100,000 miles and diagnostics fees are costly. Any advise as to what the problem may be.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    mikaadams said:

I have had a problem for the past three years. When I am at a stop light the RPM's climb all the way up to even 4000 RPM's and I have to put the car into neutral. There is also hesitation and jerking. Usually it happens once a month and if I make a stop and turn off the engine, the problem goes away. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they can't duplicate the problem. Today it has done it all day. My truck is now past 100,000 miles and diagnostics fees are costly. Any advise as to what the problem may be.

What model GMC, and which engine?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikaadamsmikaadams Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2014
    GMC Yukon Hybrid 2009 8 cylinder
  • jdsunstromjdsunstrom Member Posts: 1
    mikaadams,

Did you ever hear a a solution to the issue you mentioned above? I have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid and have had the exact same issue. It happens for a day but then is fine for 3-4 weeks then does it again. Have to throw it into Neutral at a stop light. Usually when start driving again it is fine, but today at a stop light the RPM's continued to rise as if it could switch gears.
  • ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655

mikaadams,

Did you ever hear a a solution to the issue you mentioned above? I have a 2008 Yukon Hybrid and have had the exact same issue. It happens for a day but then is fine for 3-4 weeks then does it again. Have to throw it into Neutral at a stop light. Usually when start driving again it is fine, but today at a stop light the RPM's continued to rise as if it could switch gears.

I might be thinking about issue with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor)