Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 BMW X5 M, X6 M Pricing Announced: 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited October 2014 in BMW
image2015 BMW X5 M, X6 M Pricing Announced: 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show | Edmunds.com

The 2015 BMW X5 M SUV starts at $99,650 and the 2015 BMW X6 M SUV starts at $103,050. The pair will debut at the upcoming 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show.

Read the full story here

Comments

• chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    It just baffles me that the X5 and X6 are pretty much the same car, but an X6 costs so much more (regardless of whether or not it's an M model), despite having less passenger room and cargo space. I'd really like to know what the additional cost is for, but I suspect that it's solely an increase on BMWs part for the exclusivity of the X6 vs the X5.
  • eurocarlover19eurocarlover19 Member Posts: 28
    I don't see how the Audi Q7 would ever be competition for the X6 M; the power output is not even in the same galaxy. Obviously the Cayenne is the same league, but the Audi, not at all.......
  • meldeebmeldeeb Member Posts: 1
    @chol92594 The X6 cost more because its an after thought to the X5. either way they are building the X5, thats what will sell more of. Your paying for safety testing another model, design changes, and just the plain fact that (cost developing/ the number sold)= we pay more. That and BMW always charges more for the "coupe":D
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I don't like the exterior design of the X5 as much as the previous generations. The older ones actually looked like SUVs, giving them a purposeful and masculine look. The new generation simply looks like a station wagon that's put on weight.
  • marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    I'll stick with my E63 AMG wagon. It's just not right that performance SUVs are available but not performance wagons. People must really love these flying bricks...
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Cleaner design of the originals outweighs minimal performance gain
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    edited October 2014

I don't see how the Audi Q7 would ever be competition for the X6 M; the power output is not even in the same galaxy. Obviously the Cayenne is the same league, but the Audi, not at all.......

The Q7 is a conventional SUV, it isn't competition for the X6, but for the X5. And unless Audi offers a Q7S, I don't think that any of the Audi SUV's compete directly with the X5M.

However, the S7, competes quite nicely with the X6M, and in my opinion it isn't even close. I would have the Audi over the BMW, even if the Audi costs more.

• fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,167
    I wonder how many will be equipped with the turn signal option pack. A distinct demographic will snap these up.