Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Maintenance and Repair

1235»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252

@coachvig said:
    gmcustsvc - I am having trouble dealing with a transmission issue on my 2009 Buick Enclave CXL and my BUICK/GMC dealership service center. They are telling me that it may take a couple of weeks (it has been over 7 days now without my Enclave CXL). It was reported to me that my Enclave is on the lift, but they are very busy with other customers that come on for service and the technician gets called away to work on other vehicles. I feel very frustrated and disrespected by this situation. I spoke with the service tech and he just told me that I need to be patient. I would appreciate any assistance you may provide in expediting the process with respect and care. Please advise. I'll email more details. Thank you.

I'm sorry you feel this way based on your current situation. I understand you want your vehicle to be fixed and that you'd like to get back into your vehicle. We rely on our GM dealerships for their technical expertise and as our eyes and ears in the field to assist towards resolving customer vehicle concerns. If you'd like us to contact your dealership for more information about when you can expect repairs to be completed, we'd be happy to do so. Please reach out to us via email at socialmedia@gm.com Attn:Andraya with your full contact info, VIN, mileage and dealership name.

Andraya
    GM Customer Care

• rshaeedarshaeeda Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    I have been having the same problem.for two months out of my 2008 Buick Enclave. It want keep any charge and all my warning lights came on. I replaced the alternator twice and it still did the same thing.I  finally decided to take my car to Buick dealership and they said I need a new battery which I didn't think so BC that battery was only 6mths old so I let them put in a battery and I picked it up and once I turned the car on the battery light is on and the inside lights are dim. I called inside before pulling off and the guy said the mechanic was gone and he didn't know why. OK I drove home and right before I got home the car cut off. So I called Buick upset and they sent a tow truck out to get the car. I asked for a loaner they did that so they called two fays later saying I needed an alternator I told the guy that I already had two but OK he wanted to charge me 1200.00 dollars so I bought an GMC alternator and had another mechanic put it on. It worked for a day but my battery light is still coming on and killing my radio. I called Buick and complained and they said since they didn't put the alternator on they couldn't do anything. I feel like they mis- diagnostic and I don't think its fair because everything they told was wrong wasn't wrong and I'm paying out the pocket. It their fault because what I paid them for was to diagnostic my car and fix it they didn't and I gonna report them.
  • tbird1971tbird1971 Member Posts: 2
    We were going to trade our DEPENDABLE 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor SE in for a 2008 Enclave CXL

It has low 27000 miles but comes with NO warranty. Book wise I know Mitsubishis aren't worth a whole lot but they are a quality car, we have had NO problems in 60000+ miles.

After reading THIS page of nightmares I feel I am literally asking for trouble trading for one of these 2008 nightmares, plus giving up a good vehicle and paying thousands to do so. After reading all this it's beginning to look like something I'm going to regret.I actually had a dealer tell me STAY AWAY from the 2008 and 2009 models or get a GOOD warranty.

I think we'll just keep our trouble free Endeavor SE or look at a Lincoln, which is another can of worms albeit NOTHING like this mess!!

Sorry for your loss $$ here, folks, but real glad I read this forum...Good Luck!
  • pzacpzac Member Posts: 3
    I am thinking to buy a new Enclave looking at these problems one would think the new highlander would be better
  • emardiniemardini Member Posts: 8
    Just purchased a 2008 Enclave with 113000 miles on it, I took it for inspection and it has oil leaks in the front timing cover, the rear seal and is leaking in the steering gear. The dealer (Perry Buick in Norfolk) is charging me a ridiculously high amount of money to repair these leaks: $3000, Other than that I will need to replace struts ($650) and axle ($650). I should say that I feel like the dumbest person in the world for having purchased this car. I have a Hyundai with more than 1700000 miles and none os f this issues.

What is your advise? What should I do?
  • sazuluboysazuluboy Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 enclave hatch back keeps opening and closing when I push the open button how can I fix this
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    What kind of switch is this? Does it lock/unlock/lock, or is it just to unlock and the automatic door locks take care of the locking?