Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hood release. 1996 Ford Ranger XLT.

11255thave_11255thave_ Member Posts: 26
edited July 2016 in Ford
my hood release under the dash,pulls the wired cable but doesn't release the primary hood latch (no resistance)...........can I open the hood manually by using a screwdriver to release the latch going up thru the plastic grille then fix the cable once the hood is open?

Best Answers

Answers

• 11255thave_11255thave_ Member Posts: 26
    can I open the hood by just squeezing the hood release near the grille, even through the primary dash release isn't working and the hood is locked down tight
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Dunno. If you can grab the cable with some pliers, you may be able to pull it (down?) enough to release the latch. That's assuming the cable has slipped or stretched somehow.

Anyone?
    it feels as though its not attached to anything ANYMORE. as if the cable is broken ill try it w/pliers tnx IF NOT WHAT DO I DO NEXT WHAT WOULD YOUR FELLOW MECHANICS DO TO OPEN IT?
    I have a 96 Ford ranger 4x4 xlt  I have to replace the rear section of the rear driveshaft ,the one I got from salvage is 1 1\2" too long can I have a machine shop cut the spline so I can then attach it to the differential and u joint center support?
    I changed the front and rear shocks of my 96 Ford Ranger ,but when I drive it, the front end is bouncing,.......should I change the front springs they look like original from VB 96