Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi A6 Maintenance and Repair

1232425262729»

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited November 2014
    Ah, so you read the fine print, eh? Yep, 75K miles for the timing belt. The "book" says 6 hours and I say OH YEAH? Prove it. More like 8.

Here's website that breaks the costs down. They pretty much agree with me---parts and labor and tax and all---around $1900. It depends where you live? Manhattan or L.A.? Maybe $200/hour labor at the dealer.

Parts & Labor Audi A6 Timing Belt 2.7 Turbo engine
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Looks like @saseng09 is in MN from her profile. So you can knock $10 an hour off the labor charge. Maybe. :-)
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    She may get the whole thing done cheaper---I hope so---in any event, a 2.7 A6 is a fairly maintenance intensive vehicle, albeit a nice one.
  • Options
    rediscarajrediscaraj Member Posts: 2
    Audi's are really strong cars, especially a6. But they require really specific services. The A6 lives, as well as you, maintain it.
  • Options
    rediscarajrediscaraj Member Posts: 2
    I use to have a 2009 Audi A6, it started having problems with the catalytic converter. Had to try one of the products that I bought here https://aaaccessory.com/catalytic-converter-cleaners/. At first, I thought they were just commercials, but it turned out to be true.