Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2008 Toyota Highlander Hybrid - Loud Humming Noise

bluenose2bluenose2 Member Posts: 12
edited October 2014 in Toyota
Just purchased a used 2008 HH - about 85000 miles. Seems to work perfectly except there is a very loud hum that sounds that it is coming from the rear. Starts to be noticeable at 30 MPH and gets louder up to about 55, and then isn't as noticeable, perhaps due to normal road noise. Any suggestions as to what this is?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    bluenose2bluenose2 Member Posts: 12
    I had to replace the driveshaft on my 2006 Highlander for a similar noise, but this problem on the 2008 Highlander Hybrid turned out to be the right rear wheel bearing, fixed by the dealer at no cost.
  • Options
    loudat60loudat60 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid with 130000 miles. It has started to make a humming noise that only seems to happen at about 55mph and seems to go away at about 70 plus mph. I don't seems to vary in sound when I turn either way. Tires are by no means new but don't seem to be too worn and still have decent tread. Any ideas on were to start looking? Thank you!