Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Prime Motor Group Relies on Edmunds True Market Value Pricing | Edmunds.com

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in General
imagePrime Motor Group Relies on Edmunds True Market Value Pricing | Edmunds.com

The Prime Motor Group, which represents more than 25 automotive brands at nearly 30 dealerships from Massachusetts to Maine, has adopted Edmunds.com's True Market Value (TMV) pricing as a key component in its innovative sales process.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    edited November 2014
    I'm not surprised. I have only two experiences buying a car using TMV(R) as a guide, but in both cases I found dealers who were asking less even without negotiation. So I imagine a dealer would be very happy to pocket the TMV(R) price while customers will be happy believing they got a great deal; and to be fair, they are probably better off than they might be at some other dealers. When I bought a 2014 Mazda3 in May a competing "leading consumer magazine" estimate was also higher than what the dealer advertised, but by $150 instead of TMV(R)'s $650. OTOH, when contacted, another of Edmunds' "Price Promise(SM)" dealers actually wanted more than $3000 higher than the price that was "promised", so it is possible to find bad dealers exploiting Edmunds' programs.