Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lease payment question. Mazda CX-5.

kristincakristinca Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Mazda
Hello - I need a gut check. I am looking for a 24 mo lease in CA for a 2014 or 2015 CX5 AWD Sport. I am looking at putting $2K down, and want 15-18K miles/year. I am getting quotes anywhere from $390-$570/month. MSRP on the 2014 model is under $24K. Would a shorter lease term make the car higher value upon trade-in? I'm trying to figure out why these quotes are so high. Thank you!

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,830
    kristinca said:

Hello - I need a gut check. I am looking for a 24 mo lease in CA for a 2014 or 2015 CX5 AWD Sport. I am looking at putting $2K down, and want 15-18K miles/year. I am getting quotes anywhere from $390-$570/month. MSRP on the 2014 model is under $24K. Would a shorter lease term make the car higher value upon trade-in? I'm trying to figure out why these quotes are so high. Thank you!

24 month leases are expensive.... fixed costs are amortized over fewer months and Mazda doesn't offer the same support they do for 36 months.. Yes, the residual is higher for the shorter term, but not enough higher to make the lease cost-efficient.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator