Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

New to BMW Lease...In need of Advice...

hurricanes23hurricanes23 Member Posts: 3
I have never done a lease deal with BMW before but it seems very high to do it with them.

Here is what they are offering me

2015 535i
Msport
Premium Package
Driver Assistance Package
Heated Seats
MSRP$63,500
Sale Price$57,835

39 Months 10K Miles
$5K down
$578 per month total including taxes...

I don't know any of the other terms or the break down of the fees...
Should I structure the deal different? Not do it? is bad?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

I have never done a lease deal with BMW before but it seems very high to do it with them.

Here is what they are offering me

2015 535i
    Msport
    Premium Package
    Driver Assistance Package
    Heated Seats
    MSRP$63,500
    Sale Price$57,835

39 Months 10K Miles
    $5K down
    $578 per month total including taxes...

I don't know any of the other terms or the break down of the fees...
    Should I structure the deal different? Not do it? is bad?

.00130 MF and 61% residual. $2000 Holiday Credit.

With no CAP cost reduction and no added costs, the payment would be $615.mo.+ tax.

I don't know where you are, but let's assume it's California and your tax rate is 8%.

Your $5000 would be 1st payment, acquisition fee ($725), title/registration/doc fee ($700). The other $3000 would be a CAP cost reduction, resulting in a CAP cost of $54,835.

Payment would be $534/mo.+tax or about $576/mo. (assuming CA and 8% tax).

The selling price is decent... about 6% off MSRP, then minus the $2000 incentive. So, not bad, with my assumptions. If it were me, I'd roll $3500 of that $5000 into the lease, which would change the payment to $629/mo.+tax, or about $679/mo. (with just $1500 due at signing)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• hurricanes23hurricanes23 Member Posts: 3
    I am in Florida and 7% tax...just seems high to me being a first time BMW leaser...I have done Benz and Lexus in the past but BMW just seems like a nicer ride...I am just worried that I am not getting a good deal...been negotiating for about a week and they are saying they can't do any better...
  • hurricanes23hurricanes23 Member Posts: 3
    If i do it your way does that save money in the long run? also they have mud's that I could i think they said an extra $3850 down to lower the payment by $40 and get the $3850 back at lease end...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

If i do it your way does that save money in the long run? also they have mud's that I could i think they said an extra $3850 down to lower the payment by $40 and get the $3850 back at lease end...

Yes.. MSDs are a good deal.. Ensure that they disclose the money factor. .00130 is base, and .00081 with 7 MSDs. You need every detail of the deal, to make sure they aren't adding anything extra in. Florida dealers are famous for $799 doc fees, so adjust your offer accordingly..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator