Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Lease Questions

schneller78schneller78 Member Posts: 21
edited November 2014 in GMC
Anyone have the numbers for a 2015 Sierra Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4? I am looking for the sweet spot on the lease numbers.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,772

Anyone have the numbers for a 2015 Sierra Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4? I am looking for the sweet spot on the lease numbers.

1.30% APR and 56% residual for 39 months, 15K/yr. $1000 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• biffdotorgbiffdotorg Member Posts: 11
    Thanks for the wonderful forum! Is there a place that shows the common GM incentive cycles? It seems Nov/Dec the incentives are much more purchase concentrated with lease incentives coming on at the end of December and January. Having had many GM consumer leases, this has been my experience. Would you agree that it may be worth waiting till the end of December or January for a 2015 Sierra SLT Crew Lease? The incentives to purchase a left over 2014 are crazy right now as a $50K SLT is sitting on the lot for $10K off if purchased, but it make no sense at all leasing it.

This sounds like a very basic question other than the fact that this particular Cobalt Blue 2014 SLT Crew 3SA will not be available in 2015.

Thanks again!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011

Thanks for the wonderful forum! Is there a place that shows the common GM incentive cycles? It seems Nov/Dec the incentives are much more purchase concentrated with lease incentives coming on at the end of December and January. Having had many GM consumer leases, this has been my experience. Would you agree that it may be worth waiting till the end of December or January for a 2015 Sierra SLT Crew Lease? The incentives to purchase a left over 2014 are crazy right now as a $50K SLT is sitting on the lot for $10K off if purchased, but it make no sense at all leasing it.

This sounds like a very basic question other than the fact that this particular Cobalt Blue 2014 SLT Crew 3SA will not be available in 2015.

Thanks again!

I'm not familiar with any sort of site that shows historical trends for lease and purchase incentives. And, I'm not certain that there would be any value to it - 'past performance is no guarantee of future results' as they say in the finance industry.

The decision makers for ALLY review the sales data from previous months and use that information to set lease numbers for the current month. Or at least that's how I guess it's done.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

edited November 2014
    Thanks for the quick reply Michaell. GM seems to have this allocation of incentive money that flows towards purchase or lease based on those sales figures. I have also seen when it flows towards loyalty programs such as the GM Card or the Pull Ahead program on leases.

The GM card incentive is the oddest one. At times, they will take whatever GM Card incentive you have built up in December and double it, but only let you use a certain amount towards certain vehicles. (as described in the promotions, so no surprise) Then come January, additional incentive comes around where they allow you to use your full incentive towards purchase or lease.

It's quite cyclical, I just have had no way to track it over the years. It was worth asking, and I appreciate your answers as always. (long time lurker, first time poster today)

My last two leases were done in December of 2011 and January of 2008. The lease cash in 12/2011 was amazing, but they only allowed me to use $1500 of my GM card incentive towards my lease. In January of 2008, they had plenty of lease cash, and they doubled my GM Card incentive to over $3000 and I was able to use every dime.

The reason this sticks with me is the fact that in January of 2012, GM had not had the chance to update my GM card earnings. So they sent me the new GM Card promotion in January. This promotion doubled my earnings and allowed me to use all of my GM Card incentives towards purchase or lease. This was just after I had signed my papers. So my dealer knows I am tracking this. If I had to guess, January will be the time to get my next Sierra.

Thanks again, you are a valuable resource here!

Thanks for the quick reply Michaell. GM seems to have this allocation of incentive money that flows towards purchase or lease based on those sales figures. I have also seen when it flows towards loyalty programs such as the GM Card or the Pull Ahead program on leases.

The GM card incentive is the oddest one. At times, they will take whatever GM Card incentive you have built up in December and double it, but only let you use a certain amount towards certain vehicles. (as described in the promotions, so no surprise) Then come January, additional incentive comes around where they allow you to use your full incentive towards purchase or lease.

It's quite cyclical, I just have had no way to track it over the years. It was worth asking, and I appreciate your answers as always. (long time lurker, first time poster today)

My last two leases were done in December of 2011 and January of 2008. The lease cash in 12/2011 was amazing, but they only allowed me to use $1500 of my GM card incentive towards my lease. In January of 2008, they had plenty of lease cash, and they doubled my GM Card incentive to over $3000 and I was able to use every dime.

The reason this sticks with me is the fact that in January of 2012, GM had not had the chance to update my GM card earnings. So they sent me the new GM Card promotion in January. This promotion doubled my earnings and allowed me to use all of my GM Card incentives towards purchase or lease. This was just after I had signed my papers. So my dealer knows I am tracking this. If I had to guess, January will be the time to get my next Sierra.

Thanks again, you are a valuable resource here!

I, too, hold GM card and have seen the "topping off" of the incentive money happen at the first of the year. Sad that there isn't anything in my price range that GM offers that appeals to me; what I do like, I can't afford.

I've noticed that incentives come and go monthly, so keeping a close eye on how the numbers change can either help you or hurt you, depending on what the folks making the decisions use to set the rates and incentives.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Good to see I am not the only one watching those top offs. I actually stopped using my GM card after my last redemption I was so pissed off. But after 36 months, I am over it, and there is $1800 on there waiting to be "topped off" and hopefully allowed to use more than the $1500 allowance on a new Sierra.

The truck market as a whole is good, but maybe not as good as it is here in ND. The demand for good used trucks has allowed me to gain more equity with each lease. Since I buy each one out on paper when signing my next lease, I am halfways tempted to actually take a lower mileage lease to get my payment down.

But about that time, the market will dump, and I will end up turning my lease in and paying a penalty for the mileage overage. I don't think that will happen anytime soon here with the active oil fields though.

It's info like I have seen in this thread that will help me jump in at the right time. What is the highest "Lease Cash" seen on Sierra 1500's? Has it always been in that $1350 range? I have always had good luck leasing vehicles with as many options as possible as well. It seemed like the loaded up trucks had higher residuals, and better trade in values compared to buy-out values in the end too. The combination of GM card incentive, Equity in the truck, and Lease Cash should allow me to move up one more level in Sierra again without effecting my payment.

They always said, shopping for a payment was foolish. I guess that's the difference between Smart payment shopping and Uninformed payment shopping.

Good to see I am not the only one watching those top offs. I actually stopped using my GM card after my last redemption I was so pissed off. But after 36 months, I am over it, and there is $1800 on there waiting to be "topped off" and hopefully allowed to use more than the $1500 allowance on a new Sierra.

The truck market as a whole is good, but maybe not as good as it is here in ND. The demand for good used trucks has allowed me to gain more equity with each lease. Since I buy each one out on paper when signing my next lease, I am halfways tempted to actually take a lower mileage lease to get my payment down.

But about that time, the market will dump, and I will end up turning my lease in and paying a penalty for the mileage overage. I don't think that will happen anytime soon here with the active oil fields though.

It's info like I have seen in this thread that will help me jump in at the right time. What is the highest "Lease Cash" seen on Sierra 1500's? Has it always been in that $1350 range? I have always had good luck leasing vehicles with as many options as possible as well. It seemed like the loaded up trucks had higher residuals, and better trade in values compared to buy-out values in the end too. The combination of GM card incentive, Equity in the truck, and Lease Cash should allow me to move up one more level in Sierra again without effecting my payment.

They always said, shopping for a payment was foolish. I guess that's the difference between Smart payment shopping and Uninformed payment shopping.

I can't tell you the largest amount of lease cash on the Sierra .. I deal with all makes and models and don't retain any information beyond answering the question in front of me.

Generally speaking, higher trim levels have lower residuals, though that may not be true for trucks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited November 2014
    Michaell said:

I can't tell you the largest amount of lease cash on the Sierra .. I deal with all makes and models and don't retain any information beyond answering the question in front of me.

Generally speaking, higher trim levels have lower residuals, though that may not be true for trucks.
    That confused me for a second, but then I thought about it. The more loaded the truck, the higher the sticker price was in comparison to the residual. So if what you are saying is true, the options don't effect the residual as much as I may be thinking.

So is that why when you are quoting these folks numbers, the residual is the same whether it is an SLT or SLE? Or different option levels within those two levels have no effect on residual?

So the higher the residual is good for the lease, but will not be as good for my Buyout as it will raise my buyout price and lessen my equity that I will use towards me next lease.

But I want the MF number low though right? I think I confused myself.

Michaell said:

That confused me for a second, but then I thought about it. The more loaded the truck, the higher the sticker price was in comparison to the residual. So if what you are saying is true, the options don't effect the residual as much as I may be thinking.

So is that why when you are quoting these folks numbers, the residual is the same whether it is an SLT or SLE? Or different option levels within those two levels have no effect on residual?

So the higher the residual is good for the lease, but will not be as good for my Buyout as it will raise my buyout price and lessen my equity that I will use towards me next lease.

But I want the MF number low though right? I think I confused myself.

It's easy to get confused when dealing with lease numbers. :smile:

The MF and residual numbers we have for ALLY are for all Sierra 4x4 Crew Cabs, regardless of trim level. The residual is calculated against the bottom line sticker price - if an SLT stickers for $45K and the residual is 50%, the residual value is $22,500 - over 36 months the depreciation portion of the payment will be $625/mo. If an SLE stickers for $50,000 and the same residual applies ($25,000 residual value and depreciation amount), that portion of the payment jumps to $694.44/mo.

Ideally, ALLY sets the residual so that at the end of the lease, you are neither upside down nor have a lot of positive equity.

Yes, a lower MF is what you want. The MF is used to calculate the "rent charge" or interest on the lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• mane76mane76 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone have December numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLE 4WD?

Dealer said MF is 2.5, not sure if that is true.

I am looking at 1500 SLE Crewcab Shortbox 5.3L with All-Terrain Package, Spray-On bed liner. 12K/yr

Sticker is $49470, GM discount and incentive drop it to $44192. So I end up with $700 down and $549/mo for 39 mos.

Is that fair?
    mane76 said:

Anyone have December numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLE 4WD?

Dealer said MF is 2.5, not sure if that is true.

I am looking at 1500 SLE Crewcab Shortbox 5.3L with All-Terrain Package, Spray-On bed liner. 12K/yr

Sticker is $49470, GM discount and incentive drop it to $44192. So I end up with $700 down and $549/mo for 39 mos.

Is that fair?

I show 1.25% APR and 58% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $1000 lease cash.

Hard to say without knowing the CAP cost, with acquisition fees, title/license and tax included..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2014
    1.25% APR and 58% residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $1000 lease cash.

Is that still current at this time of the month? I got another $500 loyalty cash in the mail today and am debating waiting on the GM card Top off. And what is the difference +/- for 36mo and 15K/yr. Always in search of the sweetspot

I am looking at a lease on a 2015 SLT Crew Cab 4WD

All I can do is work the math and gamble on waiting for a top off in January.

Thanks as always!

Is that still current at this time of the month? I got another $500 loyalty cash in the mail today and am debating waiting on the GM card Top off. And what is the difference +/- for 36mo and 15K/yr. Always in search of the sweetspot

I am looking at a lease on a 2015 SLT Crew Cab 4WD

All I can do is work the math and gamble on waiting for a top off in January.

Thanks as always!

We haven't had any updates since the 1st of the month (but, we wouldn't get them, anyway). Add 2% for 36 months, Subtract 2% for 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Happy New Year to all. As I had hoped, the mailer from GM came in today. They topped my GM Card Earnings to $3000 and all of it may be applied! WOO! They are also doubling my GM Loyalty money to $1000. I also made my final lease payments, so my buyout is clear without payments due.

So the question of the week is, have the lease numbers changed from above? As always,, your information is greatly appreciated. Now I need to do some shopping.

Anyone use the GM Family First site to search inventory? I have, and it even shows vehicles on order. I am curious how close that Employee and Family discount is to a negotiated price at the dealer. Sometimes it is lower, sometimes it is higher than a listed discounted price.

Thanks again!

Mark
    Are these current for January?

Add 2% for 36 months, Subtract 2% for 15K/yr

Are these current for January?

Add 2% for 36 months, Subtract 2% for 15K/yr

2015 Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD:

1.25% and 57% for 36/15. $800 lease cash.

Subtract 1% for 39 months. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• es5653es5653 Member Posts: 39
    Is there an option for 10K mi year? 60% for 36/10? Thanks.
    es5653 said:

Is there an option for 10K mi year? 60% for 36/10? Thanks.

Yes, add 3% to the 15K residual for 10K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bwm601bwm601 Member Posts: 4
    What are the numbers for a 2015 Sierra 1500 Denali? 36/15k or 39/15k.

Thanks!
    bwm601 said:

What are the numbers for a 2015 Sierra 1500 Denali? 36/15k or 39/15k.

Thanks!

1.25% MF and 57% for 36/15 (4WD). Subtract 1% for 39 months. Subtract 2% if 2WD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• 12thman12thman Member Posts: 13
    Can you post the numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT double cab 4WD, 24/12k and 36/12k?

Thanks!
    12thman said:

Can you post the numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT double cab 4WD, 24/12k and 36/12k?

Thanks!

3.80% APR and 69% residual
    1.25% APR and 59% residual

$800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• austintxericaustintxeric Member Posts: 11
    Could you post the latest numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT double cab 2WD 36/39 12k?

Could you post the latest numbers for 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT double cab 2WD 36/39 12k?

1.25% and 57% for 36/12. Subtract 1% for 39 months. $800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186
    I'm curious why people choose GMC over Chevy when it comes to the full size pick up? Is it just the badge or did you really demand "professional grade" over the heart beat of America?

I'm curious why people choose GMC over Chevy when it comes to the full size pick up? Is it just the badge or did you really demand "professional grade" over the heart beat of America?

Could be a better dealer experience....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

Could I get 36/12k vs 39/12 numbers on 2015 Sierra 1500 Denali Crew Cab FWD. Are the numbers the same for Sierra 1500 SLT models?

Michaell said:

Could I get 36/12k vs 39/12 numbers on 2015 Sierra 1500 Denali Crew Cab FWD. Are the numbers the same for Sierra 1500 SLT models?

FWD? Do you mean 4WD?

I only have GM Financial numbers on the GMCs, this month..

.00040 MF and 59% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr. 57% residual for 39/12.

$800 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

I actually meant RWD on that...sorry for the typo. Is .00040 the correct MF? Does Ally no longer do leases for GM?
    kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

FWD? Do you mean 4WD?

$800 lease cash.

I actually meant RWD on that...sorry for the typo. Is .00040 the correct MF? Does Ally no longer do leases for GM?

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

FWD? Do you mean 4WD?

$800 lease cash.
    Ally still does leases, we just don't have any data from them this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Can you confirm that these are the correct numbers for 2015 Denali 2 Wheel Drive?

$800 lease cash.
    Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

FWD? Do you mean 4WD?

$800 lease cash.

Can you confirm that these are the correct numbers for 2015 Denali 2 Wheel Drive?

$800 lease cash.

Michaell said:

kyfdx said:

Michaell said:

FWD? Do you mean 4WD?

$800 lease cash.

Subtract 2% from the 4WD residual for 2WD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

My dealer is saying that they are seeing .00040 MF and 56% residual for 36/12 on 2WD Sierra Denali. Is he incorrect?

My dealer is saying that they are seeing .00040 MF and 56% residual for 36/12 on 2WD Sierra Denali. Is he incorrect?

Money factor is correct... I show 56% as the residual for 39/12 and 57% for 36/12

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rcdubrocksrcdubrocks Member Posts: 16
    Looking for current numbers for March on 39mo 12000miles lease double cab 4wd & crew cab 4wd  Both sle trim models.
    thanks in advance.

Looking for current numbers for March on 39mo 12000miles lease double cab 4wd & crew cab 4wd  Both sle trim models.
    thanks in advance.

.00040 MF and 58% residual. $800 lease cash.

For either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Looking for current numbers for March on 39mo 12000miles lease double cab 4wd & crew cab 4wd  Both SLT trim models.
    thanks

Looking for current numbers for March on 39mo 12000miles lease double cab 4wd & crew cab 4wd  Both SLT trim models.
    thanks
    Same numbers..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dimitri5dimitri5 Member Posts: 12
    edited March 2015
    Is it possible to get the MF and residual for a 2015 Sierra SLE 4x4 under the following conditions?

15k per year 24 months Double Cab
    15k per year 24 months Crew Cab
    17k per year 24 months Double Cab
    17k per year 24 months Crew Cab

Thanks in advance!

edited March 2015
    dimitri5 said:

Is it possible to get the MF and residual for a 2015 Sierra SLE 4x4 under the following conditions?

15k per year 24 months Double Cab
    15k per year 24 months Crew Cab
    17k per year 24 months Double Cab
    17k per year 24 months Crew Cab

Thanks in advance!

24/15 - .00110 and 67%. $800 lease cash.

For both trims.

Extra miles are usually purchased up front, at a cost of .10-.25 per mile

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Does leash cash come off the MSRP or is that given to use towards payments? Thank you
    dimitri5 said:

Does leash cash come off the MSRP or is that given to use towards payments? Thank you

Lease cash can be applied like a rebate to lower the cap cost, or it can be used to offset some of the up front costs of a lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:
    Lease cash can be applied like a rebate to lower the cap cost, or it can be used to offset some of the up front costs of a lease.
    Thanks!
    Is it true that there is no negotiation on employee pricing? Should be equivalent at all dealers? Also, how do you guys recommend dealing with bedliners and tonneau covers on leases? Include them in lease and give them back? I was thinking drop-in bed liner instead of spray in.
    Looking for numbers on a sle crew cab 48/12 lease.  Depreciation and money factor.  Thanks 

Looking for numbers on a sle crew cab 48/12 lease.  Depreciation and money factor.  Thanks 

4x4?

.00115 and 53% for 48/12. $800 lease cash.

Deduct 2% if 2WD.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jlm5151jlm5151 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2015
    Help with numbers on a 2015 Sierra SLT 4WD for 36/15 and 39/15 ? Thanks!
    jlm5151 said:

What cab style?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• jlm5151jlm5151 Member Posts: 8
    Crew Short Cab
    jlm5151 said:

jlm5151 said:

Crew Short Cab

.00040 and 57% for 36/15. Subtract 1% for 39 months. $200 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator