Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 GMC Acadia Lease Questions

ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
edited May 2015 in GMC
Welcome to Edmunds discussion dedicated to 2015 GMC Acadia leasing questions. Here you can find and discuss all the latest lease details for the 2015 Acadia, including cap costs, money factors, residual values, acquisition fees, etc. Please post any leasing questions you have, or any details you’d like to share about your own lease deals.

You can also research local dealer inventory and pricing, reviews, features, and specifications on Edmunds 2015 GMC Acadia page.

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Comments

• bigjav8bigjav8 Member Posts: 6
    Looking for MF & Res for 2015 Acadia Denali FWD & 2015 Acadia SLT 2 FWD for November 2015. Thanks.
    I forgot to list the months and miles. 36 months 12k/Year miles & 39 months 12k/Year
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    bigjav8 said:

Looking for MF & Res for 2015 Acadia Denali FWD & 2015 Acadia SLT 2 FWD for November 2015. Thanks.

bigjav8 said:

I forgot to list the months and miles. 36 months 12k/Year miles & 39 months 12k/Year

1.30% APR and either 62% or 60% residual, depending on trims. 36mo, 12K/yr. Subtract 2% from residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $400 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

bigjav8 said:

bigjav8 said:

1.30% APR and either 62% or 60% residual, depending on trims. 36mo, 12K/yr. Subtract 2% from residual for 39mo, 12K/yr. $400 lease cash.

Thanks. for the quick response. Is that for both the denali & SLT 2? Does the Lease cash go count against the cap cost?

Yes... both models..

Lease cash is an incentive.. take it into account when negotiating the CAP cost.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• sannybsannyb Member Posts: 4
    I'm looking for the MF, Residual and Lease cash on 2015 Denali AWD and 2015 SLT1 AWD for the month of November. Thanks!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,985
    sannyb said:

I'm looking for the MF, Residual and Lease cash on 2015 Denali AWD and 2015 SLT1 AWD for the month of November. Thanks!

What lease term and how many miles per year?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• jhcsjhcs Member Posts: 26
    I am looking at leasing a 2015 GMC Acadia Denali. Lease details are as follows:

Invoice Cost: $49,182
    Lease cost: $48,384
    Incentive: $400
    Money Down: $1,500
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Annual Miles: 15k
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: .00045
    Dealer Fee: $75
    Tax: 6%

My questions are:
    Is the lease cost reasonable (based on invoice) or is there room to negotiate?
    Are incentives (typically) greater in Dec?
    Is the residual accurate?
    Is the money Factor accurate?
    Based on the above, where should my monthly payment be?

edited November 2014
    jhcs said:

I am looking at leasing a 2015 GMC Acadia Denali. Lease details are as follows:

Invoice Cost: $49,182
    Lease cost: $48,384
    Incentive: $400
    Money Down: $1,500
    Lease Term: 39 months
    Annual Miles: 15k
    Residual: 56%
    Money Factor: .00045
    Dealer Fee: $75
    Tax: 6%

My questions are:
    Is the residual accurate?
    Is the money Factor accurate?

Hard to say, as I'm not in the market - use the pricing tools at the top of the page to help determine a good target price

Magic 8-ball is in the shop - hard to tell what will happen with next months numbers

Is the residual accurate? Is the money Factor accurate?

I only have numbers from ALLY bank - the 39/15 numbers for the Acadia are 1.30% (.00054 MF) and 58%. $400 lease cash.

Using the MSRP and lease cost you've provided, I show a pre-tax payment of $568.58. Is the $400 incentive already applied to your lease cost? How is the $1500 used - up front fees and first payment? Any down payment included?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• jhcsjhcs Member Posts: 26
    MSRP was $50k. The amomunt above was invoice cost and Supplier/Negotiated cost. Their offer came from GMC finance, not Ally. They claimed Ally was higher and that in both instances the residual was 56%. Is this something that they can decrease in order to make money?

The $400 was applied after the negotiated cost and the $1500 was a down payment. title transfer and all other costs were all rolled into first payment.

Is there a better way to structure the Lease (in order to drive additional savings)?

Should I be challanging the residual?

thanks!
    jhcs said:

MSRP was $50k. The amomunt above was invoice cost and Supplier/Negotiated cost. Their offer came from GMC finance, not Ally. They claimed Ally was higher and that in both instances the residual was 56%. Is this something that they can decrease in order to make money?

The $400 was applied after the negotiated cost and the $1500 was a down payment. title transfer and all other costs were all rolled into first payment.

Is there a better way to structure the Lease (in order to drive additional savings)?

Should I be challanging the residual?

thanks!

Residual is set by the finance company and cannot be modified by the dealer. Each finance company has their own numbers - we can only validate those from ALLY.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• pacopg3pacopg3 Member Posts: 73
    looking for mf and residual on 2014 2wd SLT, also same info on 2015 2wd sle, thanks in advance!
    pacopg3 said:

looking for mf and residual on 2014 2wd SLT, also same info on 2015 2wd sle, thanks in advance!

No 2014 lease info available - GM must not be supporting them any more.

2015 36/15 - 1.30% MF and either 58% or 60% residual, depending on option packages. $400 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

2015 36/15 - 1.30% MF and either 58% or 60% residual, depending on option packages. $400 lease cash.
    thanks for the info

what is the 36/15? 36mos, 15k miles? I'm leasing for 12k miles yr
    pacopg3 said:

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

thanks for the info

yes, 36 months, 15K miles per year. Add 2% to the residual amount for 12K miles per year.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

thanks for the info

yes, 36 months, 15K miles per year. Add 2% to the residual amount for 12K miles per year.
    ok, thanks, and this is for the 15 sle right? what about the 15 slt? is it the same?

pacopg3 said:

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

Michaell said:

pacopg3 said:

thanks for the info

ok, thanks, and this is for the 15 sle right? what about the 15 slt? is it the same?

Yes, either 58% or 60% depending on package ... which doesn't translate to the trim level.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chad2014chad2014 Member Posts: 24
    39/10K on denali and slt fwd - residual, mf, and lease cash?
    chad2014 said:

39/10K on denali and slt fwd - residual, mf, and lease cash?

1.30% and either 59% or 62% reisdual. $400 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• quattroquattro Member Posts: 110
    Interesting in leasing a 2015 SLT-1 or SLT-2 in California. Can you please provide current money factor and residual for 36mth with 12k and 15k. Is 24mth lease available and at what rate?
    I know there is a 1500 cash allowance for purchase but is not applicable for lease. Is there any other offer for leasing? Thx
    quattro said:

Interesting in leasing a 2015 SLT-1 or SLT-2 in California. Can you please provide current money factor and residual for 36mth with 12k and 15k. Is 24mth lease available and at what rate?
    I know there is a 1500 cash allowance for purchase but is not applicable for lease. Is there any other offer for leasing? Thx

1.40% APR and 65% residual. 24mo, 15K/yr
    1.30% APR and 58% residual. 36mo, 15K/yr

$400 lease cash.
    Add 2% for 12K/yr

Program is the same for either model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi Kyfdx, thanks very much for the prompt response. Happy holidays!
    I've till next March to get one. Generally what's the best time in terms of discount to be in the market? Before year end or after. Thanks.
    quattro said:

Hi Kyfdx, thanks very much for the prompt response. Happy holidays!
    I've till next March to get one. Generally what's the best time in terms of discount to be in the market? Before year end or after. Thanks.

Hard to say, though I've heard the last week of December is a pretty good time of year

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thx Michaell
  • darwin838darwin838 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2014
    I'm looking at leasing an Acadia SLT-2 with 10k miles per year for 36 or 39 months. I am currently leasing a Ford Edge that ends at the end of January 2015. What are the current rates and incentives in NV.
    darwin838 said:

I'm looking at leasing an Acadia SLT-2 with 10k miles per year for 36 or 39 months. I am currently leasing a Ford Edge that ends at the end of January 2015. What are the current rates and incentives in NV.

36/10 - .00080 and 61%. $400 lease cash.

39/10 - .00080 and 59%. $400 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Hi, I was on GMC website yesterday and I saw the following incentive programs for leasing an Acadia - $1500 conquest incentive if you currently have a lease on a non-GM vehicle. Incentive is $500 if the lease is on a GM vehicle.
    I also saw a $400 incentive from Ally bank.
    Strange thing is I checked again last nite and both incentives were gone from the GMC website. I chatted with a GMC rep and the rep confirmed the conquest incentives but found nothing about the $400 Ally bank incentive.
    Has anyone come across the Ally bank incentive?

It's strange that GMC website now no longer mentions anything the conquest incentives.

quattro said:

Hi, I was on GMC website yesterday and I saw the following incentive programs for leasing an Acadia - $1500 conquest incentive if you currently have a lease on a non-GM vehicle. Incentive is $500 if the lease is on a GM vehicle.
    I also saw a $400 incentive from Ally bank.
    Strange thing is I checked again last nite and both incentives were gone from the GMC website. I chatted with a GMC rep and the rep confirmed the conquest incentives but found nothing about the $400 Ally bank incentive.
    Has anyone come across the Ally bank incentive?

It's strange that GMC website now no longer mentions anything the conquest incentives.

We show the $400 Ally lease cash in our docs; however, if there have been any mid-month updates, we wouldn't know about them.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks Michaell for confirming the $400 Ally lease cash incentive. Does your doc have an expiration date on the offer?
    Also can please provide the latest MF and residual for Acadia SLT-1/Denali for 36mth/36k and 36mth/45k, Are the numbers the same for Ally, US bank and other lenders GM work with?
    Thanks!
    quattro said:

Thanks Michaell for confirming the $400 Ally lease cash incentive. Does your doc have an expiration date on the offer?
    Also can please provide the latest MF and residual for Acadia SLT-1/Denali for 36mth/36k and 36mth/45k, Are the numbers the same for Ally, US bank and other lenders GM work with?
    Thanks!

1/5/15 expiration date.

We only have the Ally numbers. They are all different.

1.30% MF and either 58% or 60% residual for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cstidhamcstidham Member Posts: 7
    Do you have the MF and residual for the 2015 Acadia SLT-2 AWD for 39 months with 10k miles per year?
    cstidham said:

Do you have the MF and residual for the 2015 Acadia SLT-2 AWD for 39 months with 10k miles per year?

1.30% APR and 59% residual. $400 lease cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited December 2014
    How should the $1500 conquest incentive and $400 lease cash factor in calculating final lease payment. I would imagine the conquest incentive is applied on top of the negotiated price to get the capitalized cost.
    Can the lease cash (I assume this is the incentive Ally offers) be used against title and doc fee? Thx
    quattro said:

How should the $1500 conquest incentive and $400 lease cash factor in calculating final lease payment. I would imagine the conquest incentive is applied on top of the negotiated price to get the capitalized cost.
    Can the lease cash (I assume this is the incentive Ally offers) be used against title and doc fee? Thx

Any incentive money can be used to either reduce the cap cost (from the best negotiated price) or cover any of the up front fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

edited December 2014
    Thanks Michaell. Here is the part I don't get. If the incentive money is used to reduce cap cost then I won't get the full amount unless I purchase the vehicle at lease end. (I won't be getting the residual percentage of the incentive).
    Wouldn't it always be better if I apply any incentive to any upfront cost that doesn't have any residual value at lease end? (like title, bank fees, etc)
    What's wrong with my logic??
    quattro said:

Thanks Michaell. Here is the part I don't get. If the incentive money is used to reduce cap cost then I won't get the full amount unless I purchase the vehicle at lease end. (I won't be getting the residual percentage of the incentive).
    Wouldn't it always be better if I apply any incentive to any upfront cost that doesn't have any residual value at lease end? (like title, bank fees, etc)

It's late in the day, and I need to think about what you're saying. There is some logic to it - in fact, on my last lease, that's exactly what I did - use the $1100 lease cash to cover all my fees. I only had to cough up the first months payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thx! :smile:
    quattro said:

That is incorrect.. .anything that lowers the selling price or CAP cost flows directly to your pocket, as it lowers the lease payment by that exact amount.. The residual stays the same..

So, if your CAP cost is $41K and the residual is $25K, you pay $16K in depreciation. If you get a $1000 incentive that lowers the CAP cost to $40K, the residual is still the same (it's a percentage of MSRP), so you only pay $15K in depreciation.. $1000 in your pocket.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• tywebb1973tywebb1973 Member Posts: 115
    Can you provide residual and money factor for 2015 Denali AWD for 3 years, 12K miles per yaear (or is is better to do 39 months, 12K miles per year)? Located in NJ.

Thanks!

Can you provide residual and money factor for 2015 Denali AWD for 3 years, 12K miles per yaear (or is is better to do 39 months, 12K miles per year)? Located in NJ.

Thanks!

2.50% MF and either 60% or 62% residual for 36/12. Subtract 2% for 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Thanks. Assume teh difference in residual is based on what leasing company used by the dealer?

Thanks. Assume teh difference in residual is based on what leasing company used by the dealer?

No, it's based on the packages equipped on the car. Package 3SA has the higher residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Is the 3SA package even available on the Denali? I thought the 3SA was a seating package for the SLE model. My apologies in advance if I have this wrong.

Is the 3SA package even available on the Denali? I thought the 3SA was a seating package for the SLE model. My apologies in advance if I have this wrong.

I don't know - I have no information on how the optiion packages translates to the trim levels.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

kyfdx, Thanks for the clarification. Residual calculated based on MSRP makes a world of difference to my lease payment calculation. Big thanks!

I'm pretty sure the Denali gets the lower residual.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Has the Money factor change for a denali 2015? I see you posted on the 17th that it was 1.3% then on the 19th 2.5%?
    bigjav8 said:

Has the Money factor change for a denali 2015? I see you posted on the 17th that it was 1.3% then on the 19th 2.5%?

1.30% is the correct MF for 36 or 39 months.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Wondering what negotiated price people have been getting recently. Below invoice? Planning to pull the trigger soon on a SLT-1. Any info will be helpful.
    Happy holidays!!
    quattro said:

Wondering what negotiated price people have been getting recently. Below invoice? Planning to pull the trigger soon on a SLT-1. Any info will be helpful.
    Happy holidays!!

The best place to start is with the Edmunds pricing tools - use the "make / model / year" pull downs at the top of the page.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator