Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Lexus IS 250 leases

dpres1dpres1 Member Posts: 4
edited October 2014 in Lexus
Just got a 2015 Lexus IS 250 RWD F sport in NC.

27 month 10k miles/yr
MF .0013 with RES .74

MSRP 43,500
Sales price 39,500
- 1000 new grad discount
+ 600 doc fee

Monthly payment right at $400
Zero out of pocket. No first month payment. No trade in.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,201
    dpres1 said:

Just got a 2015 Lexus IS 250 RWD F sport in NC.

27 month 10k miles/yr
    MF .0013 with RES .74

MSRP 43,500
    Sales price 39,500
    - 1000 new grad discount
    + 600 doc fee

Monthly payment right at $400
    Zero out of pocket. No first month payment. No trade in.

Good deal! Thanks for checking in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    zach1stlexuszach1stlexus Member Posts: 12
    Amazing deal on that RWD!!!
    I am not so lucky here in Ohio where this our only local Lexus dealer. I started trying to negotiate on buying a base model 250 AWD...but this seemed to backfire when the lease payments he showed me were upwards of $600 with no money down. This is just too high.  I was hoping to get a deal for an F Sport...the only one I like on the lot is a 350 and MSRP's at 49500... not sure what to do from here. 

The residual quoted was 71 and 63, respectively on 27 and 36 month...tax is included in the payment. This is for the 250! 

The specs on this offer are 2015 AWD 250 for 44500 includes the premium package (heated steering wheel, seats, etc) 18in wheels and nav... at the previous details and 15k miles I've got 618 & 594 for 27/36. This is based on "average financing options," so not sure what money factor was considered. 

This is my first round at this and I'm not very happy with the progress this round. So please please please help!!
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,315

Amazing deal on that RWD!!!
    I am not so lucky here in Ohio where this our only local Lexus dealer. I started trying to negotiate on buying a base model 250 AWD...but this seemed to backfire when the lease payments he showed me were upwards of $600 with no money down. This is just too high.  I was hoping to get a deal for an F Sport...the only one I like on the lot is a 350 and MSRP's at 49500... not sure what to do from here. 

The residual quoted was 71 and 63, respectively on 27 and 36 month...tax is included in the payment. This is for the 250! 

The specs on this offer are 2015 AWD 250 for 44500 includes the premium package (heated steering wheel, seats, etc) 18in wheels and nav... at the previous details and 15k miles I've got 618 & 594 for 27/36. This is based on "average financing options," so not sure what money factor was considered. 

This is my first round at this and I'm not very happy with the progress this round. So please please please help!!

Let's start with the easy stuff. 27/15 residual for the 250 is indeed 71%, 63% for 36/15. Base MF is .00105, assuming top tier credit.

We would need to know the selling price in order to model a payment - if the MSRP is $44,500, you should be able to negotiate some amount off of that.

Ohio calculates sales tax for the entire lease up front - this can either be paid at lease inception or added into the lease payments. I don't see any reference to money out of pocket - was there any in the quote?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    That dealer did not want to negotiate. He took off 1500 and I've seen much more motivated dealers so I went to getting Internet pricing. I've got 42,000 for a 45,744 MSRP and I have yet to go back to the second dealer with a counter offer. He is asking if I want to lease, buy, or finance because he's going to know if he can get any money back out of the car. Not sure what to do at this point. I assume I should tell him my goal is to lease but I don't know if that's gonna hurt my neogation bid.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

That dealer did not want to negotiate. He took off 1500 and I've seen much more motivated dealers so I went to getting Internet pricing. I've got 42,000 for a 45,744 MSRP and I have yet to go back to the second dealer with a counter offer. He is asking if I want to lease, buy, or finance because he's going to know if he can get any money back out of the car. Not sure what to do at this point. I assume I should tell him my goal is to lease but I don't know if that's gonna hurt my neogation bid.

Get your best price offer in writing, then let them know you are leasing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    Good deal...I'm looking at MSRP 45,6-45,8; I'm not sure what kind of deal to expect. I would really love to be 39-40 final sale price but I almost feel like I might be asking too much.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,201

Good deal...I'm looking at MSRP 45,6-45,8; I'm not sure what kind of deal to expect. I would really love to be 39-40 final sale price but I almost feel like I might be asking too much.

Use the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to see what Edmunds thinks the sale price should be..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Okay, got a good deal on the car in writing. Now the biggest obstacle is for the MF. I'm not sure what to expect with my credit score at 640. What tier does that put me in, and what should I expect? This is my first car lease.
  • Options

Okay, got a good deal on the car in writing. Now the biggest obstacle is for the MF. I'm not sure what to expect with my credit score at 640. What tier does that put me in, and what should I expect? This is my first car lease.

640 is Tier 4 for Lexus financial. For the IS, that puts the base MF at .00305, nearly 3x higher than the base rate (.00105) for Tier 1+.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator