Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infotainment Issues - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited November 2014 in Porsche
imageInfotainment Issues - 2015 Porsche Macan S Long-Term Road Test

Infotainment woes in the long-term 2015 Porsche Macan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    Haven't experienced these issues with mine yet. Sometimes, stopping the car, turning it off, locking it, and then unlocking and restarting the car will fix electronic gremlins like this. Used to happen to a friend's Range Rover a lot.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    " I even unpaired (is that a word? It is now, I guess) my iPhone but that had no effect."

This is LA Takahashi. You should have tried to consciously uncouple it.
  • chol92594chol92594 Member Posts: 208
    Considering that Porsche is owned by VW AG, I don't understand why they haven't just adapted Audi's MMI interface or some other VW infotainment system to Porsches yet. I've always thought that the PCM interface that Porsche uses looked outdates compared to iDrive, MMI, COMAND, etc.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,100

" I even unpaired (is that a word? It is now, I guess) my iPhone but that had no effect."

This is LA Takahashi. You should have tried to consciously uncouple it.

Okay.. .this is funny.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• speednetspeednet Member Posts: 52
    Gee, when the 2014 Corvette had a problem with the screen, all the nudniks here jumped on it with the same old tired "GM sucks" crap. Where are they with this problem -- which appears to be at least as bad. At least in GM's case, they had the problem solved and customer screens replaced immediately. (And it only affected early buyers, like the Edmunds staff who received one of the very early cars off the line.) Lets see how Porsche handles it.
  • nagantnagant Member Posts: 176
    A German car with electrical gremlins? I am stunned.....NOT.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    How do you spell Lucas in German?
  • tomas1614tomas1614 Member Posts: 5
    Lucas