Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Rans - a payment of $450 does not seem too bad, at this time, for a 2015 MDX FWD with Tech if all you have to pay at lease inception is the $3,500 plus the first month payment. If any other cost is collected at inception this lease would become less favorable.

At a $450 payment with a down payment of $3,500, the total cap cost is about $41,500. This assumes an MSRP of $47,960 and a cap cost before down payment of $45,000. I assume the cap cost and resulting payment includes everything such as acquisition fee, tax, title and any other bogus fees the dealer might try to include. If it does not, look out as the dealer may be up to something.

The cap cost is one of the three factors, in addition to years and miles, used to compute a lease. The cap cost can be negotiated. The other two being residual and money factor, which are set by Acura and cannot be negotitiated unless the dealer fudges the numbers. In your case, it appears the dealer has probably used the correct residual and MF numbers.

You do need to understand what is in the $41,500 cap cost. Make sure it includes price after down payment, acquisition fee, title, registration costs, etc. Depending on how your state taxes leases, the cap cost may include the sales tax or, if your states just taxes the payment, the $450 should include the tax. If this is the case, the cap cost would be a bit lower. The payment would consist of two parts - lease payment and tax. Probably something like $430 and $20 tax.

Of course, your actual payment is really closer to $550 with the down payment. The down payment of $3,500 will save you about $100, less if you were to put the $3,500 into an interest bearing account.

To get to $435, you would need to reduce the cap cost by about $500. Something tangible to negotiate?

Now is probably not the best time to be leasing an MDX as Acura is not subsidizing its lease terms. For example, the current money factor of .00154 is about 3.7 percent, not very favorable.

A couple of things. First, it is usually not a good idea to put any money down on a lease. You risk losing all of the down payment if the vehicle should be totaled. Second, now is not the time for any year end deals on a 2015 model. The MDX is a hot vehicle at this time, so Acura has no incentive to act to reduce inventory. Hence no great lease deals.

Around the end of December may see better terms, but it may not.

As an example of why now is not a good time to lease the MDX. If Acura were to reduce the MF to .0009, 2.1 percent, the monthly payment would drop from $450 to about $404.

As an Acura owner, I would not lease with a MF of .00154 if I could wait a bit to pull the trigger. The lease factors will not get worse and likely will improve in a few months.
  • feenix72feenix72 Member Posts: 10
    Good Day. When you get a moment, can you please advise of the money factor and residual % for a '15 MDX with Tech Package, 12k/36 in NJ? Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.
    Jaret
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,896
    feenix72 said:

Good Day. When you get a moment, can you please advise of the money factor and residual % for a '15 MDX with Tech Package, 12k/36 in NJ? Thank you very much, greatly appreciated.
    Jaret

AWD?

.00120 and 61%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• td_inctd_inc Member Posts: 55
    Hi all,
    What do you think of this offer...

2015 Technology Pkg w/Entertainment Pkg - $658/mo
    - 12000 miles/yr.
    - $0 due at signing (Not even first payment)

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.
    Residual Value - 60% ($31,041)
    Money Factor .00110 (think this is typo)

Fees that are rolled in...
    $658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $304.50 MV Fees for 3 Years
    $194.26 NJ Supplemental Title Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Expecting to sign tomorrow. Any info is appreciated!!
    Thx
  • SBaldwin77SBaldwin77 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2014
    After reading a comment here about now not being the right time to lease a MDX, I'm thinking of no longer hitting the button on a lease I was thinking of making today. The MSRP is 49,800 and selling price 45,500. I was getting this from a NJ dealer and I'm from NY. I calculated around $470 with $3500 down to cover tax tags and fees. My wife will probably be a bit pissed if I don't make this purchase today. LOL. I already spilled the beans last night saying it was a grad school surprise purchase.

Help, what should I do?

btw, this will be 10K/36months
    After reading a comment here about now not being the right time to lease a MDX, I'm thinking of no longer hitting the button on a lease I was thinking of making today. The MSRP is 49,800 and selling price 45,500. I was getting this from a NJ dealer and I'm from NY. I calculated around $470 with $3500 down to cover tax tags and fees. My wife will probably be a bit pissed if I don't make this purchase today. LOL. I already spilled the beans last night saying it was a grad school surprise purchase. Help, what should I do? btw, this will be 10K/36months
    In NJ/NY the interest rate isn't bad... .00120
    i was told Acura hasn't done much lower and so I don't know that this being a bad time is really accurate. Southern states at .00154... Is bad.

really depends on timing for you and if the payment is good for you. 

There could always be a better program next month... 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

The Sign and Drive money factor is indeed .00110. This is typical across all Acura and Honda leases (.00010 less).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

The Sign and Drive money factor is indeed .00110. This is typical across all Acura and Honda leases (.00010 less).
    Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?
    td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?

I don't have any real experience with the "$0 Due At Signing" lease, but according to the AFS bulletin, the dealer is supposed to cover the 1st payment, not roll it into the lease. When I calculate your lease, I get $638/mo, not $658/mo., which makes me think they are rolling the 1st payment in, rather than covering it..

I'd want to know the CAP cost and what it includes...

Other than that, if you are happy with the discount, then everything looks good.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?

I don't have any real experience with the "$0 Due At Signing" lease, but according to the AFS bulletin, the dealer is supposed to cover the 1st payment, not roll it into the lease. When I calculate your lease, I get $638/mo, not $658/mo., which makes me think they are rolling the 1st payment in, rather than covering it..

Other than that, if you are happy with the discount, then everything looks good.
    That's perfect info, thank you! I'm going to recalc and take that info to them as well. $638 is terrific. FYI - another dealer even after i insisted i knew they were off, held firm to over $700 for this car. ridiculous. once this is complete i'll write a review for both dealers. still a bit pissed about their actions. (even started the discussion stating near $1000/month. out of their minds. walked out of there)
    td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?

That's perfect info, thank you! I'm going to recalc and take that info to them as well. $638 is terrific. FYI - another dealer even after i insisted i knew they were off, held firm to over $700 for this car. ridiculous. once this is complete i'll write a review for both dealers. still a bit pissed about their actions. (even started the discussion stating near $1000/month. out of their minds. walked out of there)
    Kyfdx,
    Can you point me to that AFS bulletin?
    td_inc said:

td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

td_inc said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?

Kyfdx,

Nope.. it's confidential.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

kyfdx said:
    Hi all, What do you think of this offer... 2015 Technology Pkg w/Entertainment Pkg - $658/mo - 12000 miles/yr. - $0 due at signing (Not even first payment) MSRP - $51,735 Selling Price - $47,906. Residual Value - 60% ($31,041) Money Factor .00110 (think this is typo) Fees that are rolled in... $658.12 1st Payment $595 Acquisition Fee $289 Doc Fee $7.50 Tire Tax $304.50 MV Fees for 3 Years $194.26 NJ Supplemental Title Tax $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax Expecting to sign tomorrow. Any info is appreciated!! Thx
    Thanks Kyfdx, So does it look good?
    I don't have any real experience with the "$0 Due At Signing" lease, but according to the AFS bulletin, the dealer is supposed to cover the 1st payment, not roll it into the lease. When I calculate your lease, I get $638/mo, not $658/mo., which makes me think they are rolling the 1st payment in, rather than covering it.. I'd want to know the CAP cost and what it includes... Other than that, if you are happy with the discount, then everything looks good.
    Kyfdx, Can you point me to that AFS bulletin?
    Confidential? So if I bring it up and push it, they shouldn't fight me on it?
    td_inc said:

kyfdx said:

Hi all,

- 12000 miles/yr.

MSRP - $51,735
    Selling Price - $47,906.

$658.12 1st Payment
    $595 Acquisition Fee
    $289 Doc Fee
    $7.50 Tire Tax
    $1511.62 NJ Sales Tax

Thx

Thanks Kyfdx,
    So does it look good?

Kyfdx,

Confidential? So if I bring it up and push it, they shouldn't fight me on it?

Be firm - but polite. Explain that you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

They arent inflating the MF, that looks right. They are just rolling the first month in, which according to kyfdx they should not be doing.
    They say if they are paying the first payment, then the sale price is $48400 instead of $47906.
    td_inc said:

They say if they are paying the first payment, then the sale price is $48400 instead of $47906.

$494 more, eh? Are you comfortable with that price? You can check the "MDX Prices Paid" forum to see what others are paying. You shouldn't pay more just because you are leasing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• SBaldwin77SBaldwin77 Member Posts: 6
    ended up just getting the car. $491 36/10K $3300 tax tags and first month blah blah. Dealership did try to play games with the MF even though i had a credit score of 780 and several car purchases in the past. They tried to raise it to .001584 if I paid for taxes ahead of time. Then they said for no money down I can do no money down for .0012. After some back and forth I got the taxes upfront and .00120

ended up just getting the car. $491 36/10K $3300 tax tags and first month blah blah. Dealership did try to play games with the MF even though i had a credit score of 780 and several car purchases in the past. They tried to raise it to .001584 if I paid for taxes ahead of time. Then they said for no money down I can do no money down for .0012. After some back and forth I got the taxes upfront and .00120

Good that you stuck to your guns. Enjoy!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• chunkalunkchunkalunk Member Posts: 8
    kyfdx said:

Can you tell me the current MF/RV for an AWD w/Tech 36/15k? Thx

MF is regional. What state?
    Sorry for the omission. Looking for Northern California. Thanks

kyfdx said:

Can you tell me the current MF/RV for an AWD w/Tech 36/15k? Thx

MF is regional. What state?
    Sorry for the omission. Looking for Northern California. Thanks

.00120 MF and 59% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thank you, kydfx.

I've been offered the following. The sales price seems high, based on others.
    AWD w. Tech
    36mo, 15k/yr
    MSRP 49960
    Sales 45991
    $3500 due (include first month, registration, fees)
    505.75/mo before tax

Do you get the same calculation?

Thank you, kydfx.

I've been offered the following. The sales price seems high, based on others.
    AWD w. Tech
    36mo, 15k/yr
    MSRP 49960
    Sales 45991
    $3500 due (include first month, registration, fees)
    505.75/mo before tax

Do you get the same calculation?

It depends on what the $3500 is for... With just the MSRP and sales price, I get $549/mo.+tax. How much of the $3500 is for CAP cost reduction?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Hi kyfdx,

Adjusted numbers.

MSRP 49040
    Sales Price 45500
    $0 down
    Upfront charges - dmv and taxes = 501.95

556.68 monthly
    50.10 sales tax (northern CA)
    606.78 monthly incl tax

Total due at signing 1108.73 (1st month + upfront fees)

Do these seem right to you? What's the residual % and MF?

Hi kyfdx,

Adjusted numbers.

MSRP 49040
    Sales Price 45500
    $0 down
    Upfront charges - dmv and taxes = 501.95

556.68 monthly
    50.10 sales tax (northern CA)
    606.78 monthly incl tax

Total due at signing 1108.73 (1st month + upfront fees)

Do these seem right to you? What's the residual % and MF?

.00120 MF and 59% residual.

Yes... looks like a very solid deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• cpsccpsc Member Posts: 4
    Would you please tell me the current MF in South Carolina for MDX Tech and MDX AWD Tech?

Also, I'm trying to decide if I should lease a new vehicle at the end of the year or wait until May when my current lease ends. I'm wondering if I should expect to receive an offer from Acura to return my current leased MDX before the end of the term and get a new MDX at a great rate - does anyone have any experience with that?
    - Thank you.
    cpsc said:

Would you please tell me the current MF in South Carolina for MDX Tech and MDX AWD Tech?

Also, I'm trying to decide if I should lease a new vehicle at the end of the year or wait until May when my current lease ends. I'm wondering if I should expect to receive an offer from Acura to return my current leased MDX before the end of the term and get a new MDX at a great rate - does anyone have any experience with that?
    - Thank you.

.00154 MF in SC.

Unless there is a factory sponsored "pull ahead" program, you'll be a lot better off waiting. Haven't seen one of those on the MDX in recent memory.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Member Posts: 65
    Hi kyfdx, do you have December numbers for So Cal? Are MF rates the same for AWD vs. FWD?

Tech package @ 10K miles:

24 mo = xx%
    33 mo = xx%
    36 mo = xx%

-x% for 12k miles?

Thanks!

Hi kyfdx, do you have December numbers for So Cal? Are MF rates the same for AWD vs. FWD?

24 mo = xx%
    33 mo = xx%
    36 mo = xx%

-x% for 12k miles?

Thanks!

.00120 MF

24 mo = 68%
    33 mo = 63%
    36 mo = 62%

Subtract 1% for 12K/yr

Same numbers for AWD or FWD

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• drfluiddrfluid Member Posts: 1
    dear kyfdx,
    Would you let me know the December numbers for WASHINGTON state (Seattle, WA)?

* 2015 MDX AWD w/ Tech
    * 36 mo
    * 12000 miles/yr

What are MF and Residual? Thank you!
    drfluid said:

dear kyfdx,
    Would you let me know the December numbers for WASHINGTON state (Seattle, WA)?

* 2015 MDX AWD w/ Tech
    * 36 mo
    * 12000 miles/yr

What are MF and Residual? Thank you!

.00154 and 61%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• corvette001corvette001 Member Posts: 7
    I have found a Advance AWD I really like and started working a deal today. Everything has been done by phone and email so far with a local dealer. It has been real tough getting information except discount amount from them. So far I have 60% residual, .00154 money factor, $57,900 MSRP with a selling price of $54,280. This is for 36mo with 10,000 miles per year because I have roll over miles from another MDX lease. They want to roll everything into the selling price and not tell you the break down. I am wondering what the current Acura acquisition fee is. I am guessing $595. Their 0 down 36mo payment is $783 per month including 6% sales tax which comes out much higher than my calculations. I'm guessing they are putting the first payment into the price also which I wouldn't do. Of course My expected offer is going to be $53,850 plus doc, lic and acquisition fee. Any help would be appreciated.

I have found a Advance AWD I really like and started working a deal today. Everything has been done by phone and email so far with a local dealer. It has been real tough getting information except discount amount from them. So far I have 60% residual, .00154 money factor, $57,900 MSRP with a selling price of $54,280. This is for 36mo with 10,000 miles per year because I have roll over miles from another MDX lease. They want to roll everything into the selling price and not tell you the break down. I am wondering what the current Acura acquisition fee is. I am guessing $595. Their 0 down 36mo payment is $783 per month including 6% sales tax which comes out much higher than my calculations. I'm guessing they are putting the first payment into the price also which I wouldn't do. Of course My expected offer is going to be $53,850 plus doc, lic and acquisition fee. Any help would be appreciated.

60% is the 36/10 residual, and .00154 is the MF for the region B states.

Acura acquisition fee is indeed $595. Using your MSRP and selling price, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $679.87 - 6% tax raises the payment to $720.66.

Dealer needs to sharpen their pencil - as you suspect, they are probably adding all the fees to the selling price. Your choice to pay them up front or not.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• scooter21scooter21 Member Posts: 14
    Would you please let me know the money factor and residual % for a 2015 MDX SH-AWD in Massachusetts? Also, what should the acquisition fee be? Thanks very much.
    scooter21 said:

Would you please let me know the money factor and residual % for a 2015 MDX SH-AWD in Massachusetts? Also, what should the acquisition fee be? Thanks very much.

.00120 and 60% for 36/15.

$595 acquisition fee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• juanluisjuanluis Member Posts: 3
    dear kyfdx,
    Would you let me know MF and RESIDUAL for December for CT state?

* 2015 MDX AWD base model
    * 36 mo
    * 12,000 miles/yr and 15,000 miles/yr

Thank you!
    juanluis said:

dear kyfdx,

* 36 mo

Thank you!

.00120 and 60% for 36/15. Add 2% for 12K.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• juanluisjuanluis Member Posts: 3
    Michaell said:

juanluis said:

dear kyfdx,

* 36 mo

Thank you!

THANK YOU.

Would the numbers for a 2015 MDX AWD w/ TECH PKG be different?
    juanluis said:

Michaell said:

juanluis said:

dear kyfdx,

* 36 mo

Thank you!

THANK YOU.

Would the numbers for a 2015 MDX AWD w/ TECH PKG be different?
    Same MF, but 36/15 residual changes to 59%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2014
    I worked a deal with dealer in NJ (live on Staten Island) for 2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech, 15 miles per yr, for 36 months with $3500 out of pocket for $533 a month. Is this a good deal or am I paying too much for it a month? Dealer didn't share the breakdown, I just know the monthly payment and what I'm putting out. Using the lease calculator, it shows 47,398 for cost of MDX, 710.97 for title/fees, residual 30500, money factor I used 0.00120 as seen in above posts. Just want opinions before I take the leap! TIA!

I worked a deal with dealer in NJ (live on Staten Island) for 2015 MDX SH-AWD with Tech, 15 miles per yr, for 36 months with $3500 out of pocket for $533 a month. Is this a good deal or am I paying too much for it a month? Dealer didn't share the breakdown, I just know the monthly payment and what I'm putting out. Using the lease calculator, it shows 47,398 for cost of MDX, 710.97 for title/fees, residual 30500, money factor I used 0.00120 as seen in above posts. Just want opinions before I take the leap! TIA!

We would need to know the following before we can comment:

1) MSRP

2) Selling price

3) breakdown of the $3500 - just up front fees and taxes or is there cap cost reduction included as well?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• sargondizzosargondizzo Member Posts: 20

1) MSRP

2) Selling price

3) breakdown of the $3500 - just up front fees and taxes or is there cap cost reduction included as well?

MSRP is $49,735 and he said he was leasing it to me at invoice which is $46,583. The $3500 is for up front fees and taxes. No cap cost reduction.
    edited December 2014

1) MSRP

2) Selling price

MSRP is $49,735 and he said he was leasing it to me at invoice which is $46,583. The $3500 is for up front fees and taxes. No cap cost reduction.

Using the MSRP and selling price as provided, along with the standard MF of .00120 and 36/15 residual of 59%, I get a pre-tax payment of $569.98.

I gotta believe that there is some cap cost in the $3500. If I apply 8% taxes (don't know the actual rate you are paying) against the depreciation amount, that comes to just under $1400. Include first payment of $500-600 and that still leaves about $1500 unaccounted for. Dealer fee may be $400-600, and tags about the same (again, I don't know the NJ particulars when it comes to those costs

Ask for a complete breakdown of the $3500. At the moment, the deal seems too good to be true.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    What is the current MF and Residual on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Advance with Tech Package for 36 months and 15K per year in NJ?
    bmwfan53 said:

What is the current MF and Residual on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Advance with Tech Package for 36 months and 15K per year in NJ?

.00120 and 57% for MDX AWD Advance with Entertainment (there is no Advance with Tech configuration in my data).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• bmwfan53bmwfan53 Member Posts: 36
    What is the current MF and Residual on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Advance with Ent. Package for 36 months and 15K per year in TX?
    bmwfan53 said:

What is the current MF and Residual on a 2015 Acura MDX AWD Advance with Ent. Package for 36 months and 15K per year in TX?

.00120 and 57%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• zoebendadzoebendad Member Posts: 12
    Can you tell me the December numbers (mf, residual) in NJ for MDX AWD w/ Tech for 12k/yr?
    thanks.
    zoebendad said:

Can you tell me the December numbers (mf, residual) in NJ for MDX AWD w/ Tech for 12k/yr?
    thanks.

.00120 and 61% for 36/12.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• cmxxxcmxxx Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote for 2015 FWD MDX with tech pack (locks, tint, ecp), 10K/36 month lease offer (TX)
    $2500 Down, $521 monthly
    Purchase : $44634
    Tax & Fees: $1441
    Net: 46075
    MF : 0.00160
    Residual: 62%

Is this a good deal, just want to get some thoughts before sign the lease.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.