Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Where is the air filter located? It looks like it is behind the headlights. '06 Cobalt

zfowler1991zfowler1991 Member Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in Chevrolet
I just bought a 06 cobalt ss sc. I want to locate the air filter possibly change and cold air intake but everything on this car is different then I know. So two questions? Where is the air filter? And any ideas on a good cold air intake for the cobalt .

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited November 2014
    If you call any Chevy dealerships parts dept. they could help you. Kill to birds with one stone. Ask for price of parts then price shop prices with @partsgeek.com

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Options
    zfowler1991zfowler1991 Member Posts: 4
    One of them....but do u know how to get to the air filter?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Here's a video on how to replace the air filter but I'm not sure if the SS has a somewhat different system or not:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3H9haJ7K_o

I just bought a 06 cobalt ss sc. I want to locate the air filter possibly change and cold air intake but everything on this car is different then I know. So two questions? Where is the air filter? And any ideas on a good cold air intake for the cobalt .