Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Nissan Murano Platinum Edition Price Paid?

woodledgewoodledge Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Nissan
For current leasing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Lease Questions

For current Pricing information, go to 2015 Nissan Murano Prices Paid and Buying Experience

I was recently quoted ~$38,000 (after taxes, fees, etc.) for a 2014 Nissan Murano Platinum Edition. Does that sound like a good price? I've heard higher elsewhere, but have to imagine that prices will continue to come down as the 2015's get closer to launch.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited November 2014
    It's easier to negotiate one "out the door" price but for comparison purposes, it help to give us the selling price of the car along with the fees, since everyone's taxes and fees are different.

So, Platinum Edition - that's the LE style, right? And AWD? For a Texas zip code, I'm seeing a True Market Price of $38,896, before taxes. That includes destination and a $500 rebate.

So, your quote is below average and you're getting your fees and taxes rolled into that as well. Sounds like a good price to me.

Invoice on that model is $40,189 so it appears Nissan is trying to move them out. Prices should get better the closer we get to year end, but your selection may dry up.

There's plenty right now around Dallas but you'll have to enter your own zip code and update that link to see the inventory in your area.
  • Options
    muranogirl1muranogirl1 Member Posts: 1
    I live I MD, dealers are offering 20% off MSRP right now, 2014 and 2015's. Not including tax, tags and destination charges, oh and don't forget processing charge, which I've found runs $99 to $899 depending on the dealership. So that would be $32,152 (before the additional fees) on the $40,189 price. Moderator is correct, they're getting down to a ton of gun metal paint jobs left, still a nice car. I'd love to find an SL with no roof racks.
  • Options
    woodledgewoodledge Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the responses. The quote I got before taxes, title, fees, etc. was $34,250 (or about $38,000 after taxes and fees). But given what muranogirl1 just said, it looks like the $34,250 is not that great relatively speaking?

stever - yes, it is the LE edition.

Thank you again
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Funny how $6,000 off invoice turns out to be not all that great. B)

I did a brief skim through the Murano leasing discussion and it looks like someone got the FWD version of the LE last month for a selling price of around $30,00

It's hard to get a feel about the market just from reading forum posts, but it seems like Rogues are selling better than Muranos. And the 2015 Muranos have been reengineered and are just now hitting some dealers, so the "old" stock needs to go.

So you may as well shoot for $32ish @woodledge. Doesn't cost anything to ask.